Started by TomM, November 20, 2017, 11:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ChargerDad

I think Michigan isn't what the folks at Flo and Intermat thought they were.. at the end of the year they might be, but I think they should have been ranked closer to 8 or 9..  I think OK State is better, Lehigh obviously, Missouri is probably better..  NC State probably close.. AZ State obviously very close..

bigG

Still, pretty 1 sided win by Lehigh. Lehigh is tough as nails every year, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

GradeTough

wrastle63

Quote from: GradeTough on November 20, 2017, 12:36:48 PM
Ouch! Didn't see that one coming.
Yea wasn't just a loss but a beatdown. Lehigh looked good.

GradeTough

I have high hopes for the Wolverines being able to compete against Ohio State and Penn State in the BIG 10. Did they just come out flat? Sounds like Lehigh is just better.

wrastle63

Quote from: Jap Whizzer on November 21, 2017, 11:52:36 AM
I'm not sure I think Lehigh's better. I know that's ridiculous to say when it was a 19-point victory, but I stand by it. Michigan was without their #2-rated 133 pounder, and his replacement got stuck. If we think he would have simply won, that's a 9-point swing. Then, at 157, Michigan got caught with a 6-point move, and was upset. That's a 6-point swing without something fluky happening. Michigan was probably favored at both 174 and 184 and got upset in both spots as well.

At full strength, I'd bet Michigan wins that duel more often than they lose it. In fact, absent injuries, I'd bet Michigan finishes ahead of Lehigh in the NCAA tournament, despite this result.
Agree with the NCAA tournament, but Lehigh seems like a solid team throughout and even with Micic getting a pin they still lose by 7.