Wisconsin Boy Wins

Started by woody53, April 02, 2011, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Quote from: Todd on May 08, 2013, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on May 08, 2013, 07:20:07 PM
Johnny was on a roll Sunday and was up front with a shot at it. Good run by his nephew Travis to win it. It was a good race.

Now, what do you think about Matt getting his fine and points reduced? I think it sounded like the right decision by NASCAR. Gets him back in the thick of things (4th in points)

I think the initial penalty was totally out of line and not right for Matt considering it was the manufacturers fault and there is no performance edge involved with the infraction.  I haven't seen what the reduction is but if there is any suspension of the car/crew chiefs I think that's ridiculous considering that isn't a piece that is inspected by the team after receiving it from the manufacturer.  I agree with some points to send a message to the manufacturer.  Maybe what they should have done was to take away a win away from Toyota.
The dollar amount ($200,000.00) will stand. The crew chief is now down to one day gone. Gibbs license is reinstated. Only 12 owners and drivers points lost. Kenseth's win does count for his season total. Toyota's point penalty increase so they lose more points towards the manufacturer's championship.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

Seems right to me. Toyota really need to be the one with the penalty and that seems to be what NASCAR did.

Todd

I think they got it right.
"This page intentionally left blank".

woody53

And he gets his first Southern 500 win at Darlington. All in the same week.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on May 12, 2013, 07:41:54 AM
And he gets his first Southern 500 win at Darlington. All in the same week.

Yep, that'll show those NASCAR Nazi's  ;D

I like what Newman said after Talledega last week about "They aren't able to pull their heads from their behinds long enough to know what's going on and I'll let you figure out who they are". 
"This page intentionally left blank".

dad 2 5

Cool to see Ross K (Matt's son) win an ARCA race and good run at Chicagoland.

dad 2 5

Good, dominate win by Matt this past weekend. He is in a good starting position for the Chase.

dad 2 5

Cool to see Johnny Sauter get the in this weekend and take the point lead over. Will he get championship again this year?

dad 2 5

Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 15, 2017, 07:40:34 PM
Cool to see Johnny Sauter get the in this weekend and take the point lead over. Will he get championship again this year?

Johnny starts 11th, has some work to do to win this championship