Nov 17th, Tri dual?

Started by leg turk, November 14, 2017, 11:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on November 17, 2017, 10:30:01 PM
Scharenbrock beats NCAA qualifier Hammond 13-8. Crone beat him at NCAAs last year.

Did I read right, 8 reversals?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Quote from: TylerBRTC on November 17, 2017, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 17, 2017, 09:43:57 PM
About to watch Wisconsin wrestle on Flo. Have I ever mentioned I love Flowrestling? Just one more reason.

Where did Rotondo come from? Never heard of him.

Committed to Boise State.... Wisconsin was a better fit ... and Boise dropped their program. Good pick up in my opinion. Wrestles tough the whole time but lots to learn. The type of kid that can, and will be, developed at Wisconsin.  

Good for us. I'm still in shock over Boise dropping. They were dropping jaws a few years ago. Hope they enjoy their boys of summer.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MNbadger

As mentioned by someone else in this thread, the leg ride is abused.  Parallel is parallel.  To be honest, I see very few wrestlers use legs and really turn anyone.  If they do, it is a result of getting away with stalling on top over time.  As much as everyone complains, nothing will change until we get rid of riding time.  As long as riding is rewarded with a point, they will keep riding.
Quote from: Ghetto on November 17, 2017, 10:43:08 PM
Christiansen also has a ton of riding time. At some point, riding legs and not scoring gets a bit dull. And then he scores. This is why, among a million other things, I don't coach college wrestling.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ghetto

Quote from: bigG on November 18, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
Scharenbrock beats NCAA qualifier Hammond 13-8. Crone beat him at NCAAs last year.

That may be. They kept throwing legs on each other and then getting out. Even when they weren't successful, they kept going back to leg riding.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ChargerDad

Quote from: Ghetto on November 18, 2017, 07:42:05 PM
Quote from: bigG on November 18, 2017, 10:35:55 AM

That may be. They kept throwing legs on each other and then getting out. Even when they weren't successful, they kept going back to leg riding.

That's one thing that bothers me about College Wrestling at times..  some wrestles spend so much effort trying to get the rudingbtume point.. they just lock the boots in, or a crab ride with no effort to work for a turn at all..  makes for boring Wrestling..