The Nine NCAA Wrestlers We're Most Excited To Watch This Week

Started by TomM, October 31, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

The Nine NCAA Wrestlers We're Most Excited To Watch This Week

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/63051-the-9-ncaa-wrestlers-we-re-most-excited-to-watch-this-week#.WflRhGhSzIU

There's no easing into the 2017-18 NCAA season. The fury begins across the country this weekend and won't stop until Cleveland in March. Looking over this weekend's slate, there are dozens of proven, ranked guys that will be wrestling live on FloWrestling.

There are a few wrestlers in particular I'm most excited to watch this season. Many of these guys are coming off of redshirts or making their varsity debuts. Questions will be answered this weekend.

No. 2 Adam Coon, Michigan (Michigan State Open)
After a year of hibernation, the monster that is Adam Coon will once again be unleashed. There will be a high number of over/under bodylocks going down at the MSU Open. We haven't seen Coon on the folkstyle scene since the 2016 NCAA Tournament. WATCH LIVE

No. 7 Zeke Moisey, West Virginia (Clarion Open)
Another hammer coming off redshirt, Moisey dazzled us at the 2015 NCAAs before getting injured the following year. Moisey is as exciting as they come at 125. He's got great speed getting to legs and can dive roll as well as anyone at this level. Here's hoping we see a 100 percent Moisey at Clarion.

UR Isaiah White, Nebraska (Daktronics Open)
Anyone near the Nebraska program is raving about how fantastic White has looked. A high school standout and former No. 1-ranked wrestler, White won a DII title at Notre Dame College last year. White could be a top four finisher this year at NCAAs -- he's that good.

No. 16 Chad Red, Nebraska (Daktronics Open)
Red is a folkstyle stud, and will be a tough takedown for anyone at this level. He could face off against All-American Tommy Thorn of Minnesota. Watch out for the cradle.

UR Jason Renteria, Nebraska (Daktronics Open)
Could J-Rent go this year for the extremely young Huskers? We could find out this weekend.

UR Beau Breske, Nebraska (Daktronics Open)
Apparently I'm excited to watch Nebraska this weekend? I love the Huskers' talent and think they will be one of the most exciting teams all year.

UR Kevin Vough, South Dakota State (Daktronics Open)
Will SDSU use the Ohio stud in year one? Let's see how he stacks up, especially with Gable Steveson entering the field.

No. 13 Chance Marsteller, Lock Haven (Clarion Open)
We all know Marsteller's skill set and talent. We haven't seen him wrestle folkstyle since his loss at East Stroudsburg Open last year.

Jason Tsirtsis, Arizona State (Michigan State Open)
It's hard to believe an NCAA champion is battling for a spot, but that's the situation Tsirtsis finds himself in this season. His talent is unquestionable. Will he be able to regain his form at the MSU Open? I'm geeked to find out the answer this weekend.

No. 6 Ryan Millhof, Arizona State (Michigan State Open)
This will be one of our first glimpses of Millhof since transferred from Oklahoma to ASU and took a redshirt year. The 2016 All-American has the goods on the mat to repeat as an AA. I want to see his progression from his time at OU to now on the mat for the Sun Devils.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"