Wrestle offs this Thursday (matchups)

Started by leg turk, October 24, 2017, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Some nice looking match ups. Wish I were there for it.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Matches
1.(149) Gabriel Grahek vs. Luke Rowh
2.(149) Patrick Spray vs. Zander Wick
3.(174) Ryan Christensen vs. Jackson Hemauer
4.(174) Jacob Covaciu vs. Izaec Quintanilla
5.(141/149) JJ McClelland vs. Garrett Model
6.(149/157) Tyler Shilson vs. Devin Bahr
7.(197) Jake Stilling vs. Eric Peissig
8.(285) Ben Stone vs. Ian Dretzka
9.(184) Ricky Robertson vs. Brady Wetter
10.(133) Jens Lantz vs. Michael Cullen
11.(141) Cole Martin vs. Eli Stickley
12.(157) Andrew Crone vs. Jared Scharenbrock
13.(197) Mason Reinhardt vs. Hunter Ritter
14.(149) Wick vs Grahek
15.(174) Christensen vs Covaciu
Anybody do better?

Ghetto

Wish I could be there. Looks like there are some great matches.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Wisconsin Wrestling just announced on Facebook

"There will be a Facebook Live stream of the 15 matches for those who are unable to attend but would want to watch"

https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinWrestling/

#WisconsinWrestling
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

onwisconsin

That is awesome.  Thank you.  Making the product more visible.  I will be watching in the 920.

I like Ryan C, but a part of me wants to see how Jacob C. will fare this year.   

DocWrestling

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

wrastle63

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on October 25, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Wisconsin Wrestling just announced on Facebook

"There will be a Facebook Live stream of the 15 matches for those who are unable to attend but would want to watch"

https://www.facebook.com/WisconsinWrestling/

#WisconsinWrestling

AMEN

CLC FAN

badgerjohn

Quote from: Jap Whizzer on October 26, 2017, 10:42:50 PM
THOUGHTS:

133: ........... It really is a shame that Stickley, Scharenbrock, Covaciu & Reinhardt will be on the bench this season while either one of those two gets a starting spot............

Geez, that might be just a bit premature.........
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

CLC FAN

The coaches have been pretty clear in the past that what we are watching is an inter-squad scrimmage.  They will still look at the whole picture of who performs best against outside competition, who has more upside long-term, who they think is more reliable, etc.

I know it's not flashy, but I think the depth in the room is evidence of a step in the right direction.  This year there were some former national qualifiers who you knew were going to get pushed/ possibly beat.  I feel like that has not been the case in the past.

leg turk

mkm13

I thought Zander looked really good. I thought he really struggled making 149 last year, hopefully he is able to adjust to it this year and wrestle at his best.  I would be curious on how they decided Crone at 57 and Wick at 49.  I know Scharenbrock is great on top, but hope Crone bumping up a weight doesn't hurt him this year.

I assume the battle at 141 and 174 will not end tonight. Barry will see how they do against outside competition through Midlands at a minimum. 

I agree the Christensen/Covaciu match was very uneventful.  I assume it is because they are very familiar with each other, but they hardly wrestled.

It would have been nice to see Konrath, E Wick, and Hillger wrestle.  Wick is arguably the guy with the highest ceiling who will be wrestling this year and Hillger/ Konrath are 2 of the best recruits in a class UW just said was one of their best ever.  Would have seemed like a good opportunity to get people excited about the future.  Hope they are not hurt.

leg turk

Quote from: mkm13 on October 27, 2017, 07:20:57 AM
I thought Zander looked really good. I thought he really struggled making 149 last year, hopefully he is able to adjust to it this year and wrestle at his best.  I would be curious on how they decided Crone at 57 and Wick at 49.  I know Scharenbrock is great on top, but hope Crone bumping up a weight doesn't hurt him this year.

I assume the battle at 141 and 174 will not end tonight. Barry will see how they do against outside competition through Midlands at a minimum.  

I agree the Christensen/Covaciu match was very uneventful.  I assume it is because they are very familiar with each other, but they hardly wrestled.

It would have been nice to see Konrath, E Wick, and Hillger wrestle.  Wick is arguably the guy with the highest ceiling who will be wrestling this year and Hillger/ Konrath are 2 of the best recruits in a class UW just said was one of their best ever.  Would have seemed like a good opportunity to get people excited about the future. Hope they are not hurt.

We'll never know.

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on October 27, 2017, 07:20:57 AM
I thought Zander looked really good. I thought he really struggled making 149 last year, hopefully he is able to adjust to it this year and wrestle at his best.  I would be curious on how they decided Crone at 57 and Wick at 49.  I know Scharenbrock is great on top, but hope Crone bumping up a weight doesn't hurt him this year.

I agree the Christensen/Covaciu match was very uneventful.  I assume it is because they are very familiar with each other, but they hardly wrestled.

It would have been nice to see Konrath, E Wick, and Hillger wrestle.  Wick is arguably the guy with the highest ceiling who will be wrestling this year and Hillger/ Konrath are 2 of the best recruits in a class UW just said was one of their best ever.  Would have seemed like a good opportunity to get people excited about the future.  Hope they are not hurt.

Yea there are still a few spots up for the taking at the open tournaments. 133, 141, 174, and 197 imo. I would find it hard to see Crone get beat out and Wick showed pretty clearly he was the best of that group.