New Year

Started by hawkfan, October 23, 2017, 10:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkfan

Finally the season has begun (close), so let's talk wrestling.

Does Hudson have the firepower to win the conference?  Make it to team state.

HF

The Last Ride

Quote from: hawkfan on October 23, 2017, 10:23:37 AM
Finally the season has begun (close), so let's talk wrestling.

Does Hudson have the firepower to win the conference?  Make it to team state.

HF

yep
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

2pointTakedown

Hudson I would say has the upper hand in the conference.

guster

Little early to tell until weights shake out, but for sake of discussion and with the right to change my opinion in 6 weeks, I would say yes to conference, but not sure about team state.  Hudson will be loaded in the middle weights, but may have to move a wrestler or two up a weight class to make room for the log jam in the middle and this may hurt them some, but their bigger concern is the lower weight classes and the upper weight classes.  If Draveling is 113 I think they'll be ok, but if he goes 120 I don't know who they have to fill those spots.  Same with the upper weights, If Cica has to go182 I think he may struggle some, while at 170 he's the favorite.  They're are rumors Goodbout isn't wrestling and if he does he's the heavyweight, who do they have for 195 and 220?  That being said Hansen will coach them up and have his wrestlers pinning their way to maximum points; but a little tough luck or injury bug and River Falls could sneak into team state.  Love this time of year!!  Will re-visit this once the season gets rolling.

npope

Is RF going to have some "ammo" this year? I have no idea as to the WIAA eligibility rules, but are any of the young ladies in RF for freestyle training eligible to wrestle on the HS team?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

guster

My understanding is that the young ladies are eligible, but are not wrestling for the high school team; they have their focus on the bigger picture!
River Falls has 4 really good wrestlers and 4 or 5 solid wrestlers.  You know how it goes to qualify for team state, you're not going against 1 team you are competing against the whole regional, depending what weight classes are strong and which are weak and how it corresponds to where your team is strong or weak, throw in an injury at the wrong time, and the best " dual" team doesn't always move on.

hawkfan

That would be tough losing Goodbout - solid wrestler.  Is he concentrating on Football? 

Hudson certainly will have quite a bit of talent back from last year.  Bring on the season!