Started by TomM, October 15, 2017, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

maggie

same cuff as before i believe....SAD day for Us Packer fans, but i believe we can win with this young Man running the O !     as Im sure AR will be talking to him all week
GO PACK !   ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

It's his collar bone, not his cuff, bud. Yeah, that sucked.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

It looked like McCarthy and the team gave up on the game after Rodgers injury. This game was winnable with Huntley at QB.

bigG

Yeah it was winnable, but with 20 3rd stringers in there, it was more than one injury that really hurt. I almost lost my pepsi when I saw the line coach hurt on the bench, too. That was the butt-ugliest game in history.

bkraus

Quote from: Houndhead on October 17, 2017, 07:30:13 AM
It looked like McCarthy and the team gave up on the game after Rodgers injury. This game was winnable with Huntley at QB.

I thought the same thing.  It didn't really seem like they had any confidence in Hundley.  Hand it off on first and second, bad pass on third and punt.
Strive for Perfection

ramjet

Keep in mind Teams hardly practice anymore back up QB gets zero reps. I do not think they gave up look at injuries that game brought us. The o line was decimated our secondary is a sheep of itself. Gave up? ThT ridiculous they gave all they had which was not much.

Houndhead

They got the ball back down by 13 points with about 3 minutes left. Hundley threw an interception in the red zone with about 15 seconds left. The Packers still had 2 timeouts left. McCarthy didn't leave the team time for a chance to win even if they had scored. It makes me think he relies on Rodgers for the clock management at the end of games.

wrastle63

Hundley will be serviceable. He just needs to get some practice time in. Even if we lose to the Saints we then have the bye week for Hundley to get comfortable and the coaching staff to help him succeed. Being 4-3 going into the bye would still keep us in position for the playoffs.

Ghetto

I think we're pretty lucky to have Hundley as the backup. He's got an above average arm. He is suprisingly unathletic, however. I'm sure that it has something to do with his skin color, but I just expected him to be a little more mobile evading the rush. Also a positive for us is that he is basically auditioning for a bigger contract. He has to step up his game to get a starting job somewhere else.

It was a game we still could have won. The defense wasn't very good against a very average offense. They can cut both Randall and Rollins right now as far as I am concerned. Did anyone see Randall literally run away from the two lineman coming at him? Gosh that was embarrassing.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Hunley is a back up plain and simple. Stick a fork in the Pack they are done.

bigG

I guess this is what separates the Pats from the rest. Pats lose Tom and they keep rolling. We're not going to beat anyone with our tails tucked between our legs. This team needs to grow a proverbial set and get it in their heads that they can win if the practice, play and live 100%.

Good thing we didn't quit when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor. :)

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

GradeTough

Packers are built around Aaron Rodgers. They live and die based on one guy. Great team strategy. Way to build a winner.

ramjet

Everyone is forgetting about ALL THE OTHER INJURIES on this team. Rodgers play pulled us through the games we won. Now plethora of injuries and no Rodgers!!!!