End of the Year

Started by CLC FAN, March 07, 2017, 05:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Congratulations to Helton Vandenbush for winning Big East Wrestler of the Year and to Don Verbetten for winning Coach of the Year.  Well deserved!

Also, best of luck to the 7 Reedsville seniors competing in the Gene Gehl Classic tonight!

Gutwrench

Yes congrats!

Helton joins a pretty exclusive club being a multiple time state champ.

Changing subjects.....I'm curious from those of you in the know, what an early conference outlook for next year might look like.

hasbeen

You might have to wait until mid-October to get CLC's detailed 2017-18 Big East preview but the way I see it until someone bumps off RL they will be the team to beat. They are losing a ton of seniors, but don't think for a minute they aren't already figuring out who will be where and which kids they can get back out next year to fill out the line-up. It should however be the first time in a long time where there will be multiple teams vying for the top spot. The top 4 teams in the conference (RL, Reeds, CG, & EL/HG) each will bring back 4-6 solid varsity wrestlers from this year. The difference will be next year's freshmen and the lower end kids from this year who might take a big step in the off season. I think EL/HG had only one senior so expect big improvement from them and expect the biggest drop from both RL and Reeds because of graduation. RL, though, has more waiting in the wings so I'll predict another Big East title for them next year.