Come On Wisconsin

Started by Barou, October 10, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barou

In the guide to who's #1 they list the verbally committed wrestlers and list the uncommitted wrestlers' top schools of interest.

Wisconsin had no commitments and was not on anyone's list.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/62516-the-college-wrestling-fan-s-guide-to-who-s-1#.WdzC09JSzcs
JHI Mafia

leg turk

I wish I could say I was surprised.  :'(

GradeTough

Wrestling Thug

hornbuckleb

Grow up please.  To have an opinion is fine, but this type of banter is really ridiculous.

wrastle63

Quote from: Barou on October 10, 2017, 07:57:35 AM
In the guide to who's #1 they list the verbally committed wrestlers and list the uncommitted wrestlers' top schools of interest.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/62516-the-college-wrestling-fan-s-guide-to-who-s-1#.WdzC09JSzcs

And your point?

lizard king

Quote from: hornbuckleb on October 10, 2017, 09:54:13 PM
Grow up please.  To have an opinion is fine, but this type of banter is really ridiculous.

Really?  This is a wrestling forum, Wisconsin's is probably one of the tamest ones I have ever read.  If you want people to be logical, polite and easy going, I would suggest not reading a wrestling forum.

GradeTough

As soon as WI decides to compete recruiting wise I'll state differently. Until then, they are horrible at attracting top talent. Those are facts.

wrastle63

Quote from: getyourpoints on October 11, 2017, 07:59:59 AM
Quote from: Barou on October 10, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

[/quote
Why would they be?
>We have a coach that rumors of him being done in the next couple years are swirling, on top of the fact that the fans and alumni want a new coach. If I was considering a college I would be reading forums just like this.
>Our wrestling partners are solid but not on the level of the top tear schools.
>our wrestling facility's don't compare to all the new state of the art facility's being built.
>Our RTC is barly funded and isn't pulling in top names outside of Nazar.
Top recruits have dreams of being Olympians, what have the Badgers turned out on the world or Olympic scene in the past 5 years? And I say 5 because a high school kid doesn't care what happened before they were in 8th grade.
If you look at the commits a lot of them are too OSU and PSU. Not like Wisconsin should have many of these kids. Getyourpoints nailed it there are about 5 schools getting big recruits consistently.

wrastle63

Quote from: GradeTough on October 11, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

As soon as WI decides to compete recruiting wise I'll state differently. Until then, they are horrible at attracting top talent. Those are facts.
Hard to say they aren't competing. They have 2 top 20 classes in a row. Is that great? No. That is competing though. We just brought it Wick bros, Trent, Konrath, and Bahr who are all highly ranked recruits.

mkm13

UW has not been getting the top 20 recruits, but getting a couple recruits in the top 20 to top 50 every year.  For the most part, the top 20 recruits are going to about 5 schools.  All of them have a ton of money flowing into their RTC.  Hopefully the BRTC can get close to that.

I think both Krattiger and Dow will both be in the top 30 to top 50 range next year.  I think Krattiger's stock dropped a bit due to the injury he was dealing with all of last year, but has a chance to go up if he is closer to 100% healthy.

hornbuckleb

Quote from: lizard king on October 11, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

Really?  This is a wrestling forum, Wisconsin's is probably one of the tamest ones I have ever read.  If you want people to be logical, polite and easy going, I would suggest not reading a wrestling forum.

I am fine with illogical, unreasonable, irrational and biased opinions.  Keep them coming!  But "Booty" crosses the line for me.

Not to touch the earth
Not to see the sun
Nothing left to do, but
Run, run, run
Let's run
Lets run

GradeTough

Quote from: coconut joe on October 11, 2017, 02:44:39 PM
Quote from: hornbuckleb on October 11, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

I am fine with illogical, unreasonable, irrational and biased opinions.  Keep them coming!  But "Booty" crosses the line for me.

Not to touch the earth
Not to see the sun
Nothing left to do, but
Run, run, run
Let's run
Lets run

Booty, booty, booty, booty, rockin' everywhere
Rockin' everywhere
Rockin' everywhere

lol...lol...funny!

bigG

Quote from: hornbuckleb on October 11, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

Not to touch the earth
Not to see the sun
Nothing left to do, but
Run, run, run
Let's run
Lets run

I guess "booty" depends on where you're from. In Milwaukee that'd be a compliment.  :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Surrender the booty. ;D

Badgers are obviously below the very best. Still in the middle of the Big 10. Not great not aweful. Yawn. As a state, that's kinda where we stand. No mystery as to what I want to happen; but we'll all survive either way.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.