Promoting Your Program

Started by novakm, May 16, 2017, 08:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

Get an announcer that can explain why and how points are scored when they happen.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

bigG

And, the Big 10 network could assure when they do wrestling coverage they hire announcers who know something about wrestling. I love it when they have a b-ball announcer do wrestling (he's got his arm(called an arm bar bud), now he's going to  to leverage him over for the pin (called runnin' it).

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on May 26, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
And, the Big 10 network could assure when they do wrestling coverage they hire announcers who know something about wrestling. I love it when they have a b-ball announcer do wrestling (he's got his arm(called an arm bar bud), now he's going to  to leverage him over for the pin (called runnin' it).

Agree x10000. He's gonna try and flip him over now. They are horrible.

bigG

"The man on top is trying to hoist the under mans' shoulder (half)...now he's locking his hands , which should be illegal (power half)...ref must have missed that. The bottom guy slipped out of that predicament but now the guy on top has tripped out the legs from under him (leg ride) and seems to trying to separate his legs (split). That MUST be illegal.

Jimmy

Some people you could hand a million dollars and they would b$t(h that it wasn't two million dollars.

bigG

I'm not griping, actually, Jimmy. I find it funny as hack and am happy that I get such coverage. You're talking to person who watched through the 70's and 80's and was thrilled with the once-per-year coverage. Now, it's like the clouds of heaven have opened up. Just hokey to a new fan to hear a guy who knows nothing about the sport he's announcing. Dang funny, though.

Maybe we need more wrestlers to get into broadcasting.