I think it's time...

Started by Ghetto, May 15, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

I think it's time to start the annual argument between Aaron and I about 12 weights. This place is super quiet.

More to follow.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

GradeTough

No need for a reduction of weight classes. The two-piece uniform will be a big hit and bring in upper weight class wrestlers. We are all good regardless of division.

aarons23

Why break our tradition on the arguement?.... I hope your new co-op flourishes enough to soften your argument on this.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

I have always made this argument regardless of my team. It's not about my team. I didn't feel any better when we won duals against teams only because we had more warm bodies.

ramjet

Quote from: GradeTough on May 15, 2017, 03:40:51 PM
No need for a reduction of weight classes. The two-piece uniform will be a big hit and bring in upper weight class wrestlers. We are all good regardless of division.

Argument in itself ........😂😂😂😂

aarons23

Quote from: Ghetto on May 15, 2017, 07:48:55 PM
I have always made this argument regardless of my team. It's not about my team. I didn't feel any better when we won duals against teams only because we had more warm bodies.

Your argument is completely based on teams with low numbers...not ideas of how to increase the numbers.  Hopefully you have found 1 way to help schools that don't have the support to grow like it should, instead of punishing the schools who are able to grow competitive teams.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

Quote from: aarons23 on May 15, 2017, 09:33:01 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 15, 2017, 07:48:55 PM

Your argument is completely based on teams with low numbers...not ideas of how to increase the numbers.  Hopefully you have found 1 way to help schools that don't have the support to grow like it should, instead of punishing the schools who are able to grow competitive teams.

The argument is based of numbers. All teams.

ramjet

the choice to go to 8 man football is that it is a choice so poor comparison.

Coaches need to wrestle kids instead of ducking matches.

Many do this in the NLC for the dual team win instead wrestling a kid up or down they FF.

That hurts our sport more than it helps.

one weight movement should be required in those cases where each team has hole instead of the FF or make the FF worth  3 or less points.

Ghetto

Quote from: getyourpoints on May 16, 2017, 01:07:55 PM
Ghetto,
I think your a couple months early!!!

I have heard several forum posters say "look at how well cutting kids work's in 8 man football". The FACTS DONT support that in Wisconsin, currently over 20% of the teams in 8 man football have Cooped with other school's. So cutting weight classes wont stop schools from needing to COOP, it will only hurt the schools that can fill or come close to filling all there weight classes.
Hardly any kids have to cut weight anymore if we cut weight classes we will lose more kids because the change will force weight cutting again.
I am an proud anti cut guy, please stand with me in not cutting kids.

I waited this year. Didn't want to take away from any of the wrestlers.

I am for adjusting the amount of weights. We will be on opposite sides on this.

This class I am taking is killing me. I'll get the data up soon.

littleguy301

cannt help but pipe in on a rain day ;D

I will give my lengthy and thought out answer due to some things I have encountered this past spring.

I see some parts of the state that due very, very well in numbers and have 30+ kids in the high school room with JV kids that would be state kids if on other teams.

OK,,,,,,I support the option of 2 divisions. While it would not be cutting by any means at all but it would give the teams and schools 2 options. One with 14 weights or more if voted and needed and the other division with schools having 10-12 man teams.

people can talk promotion all they want but some schools dont have the kids to field 3 winter boy sports or girl sports. Some areas wrestling has never been an option either so they have plugged along.

I also understand that schools may have enough kids for a full team but have several stuck between only a few weights thus having many forfeits.

1. I say give schools options to what they want to do.
2. introduce that to the WIAA
3. improve on the 7 and 7 thing and make a more up to date systems like match count or 4,4 and 4 like someone said.
4. allow teams to project a 2 year outlook to move up or down and be able to reschedule.

also, while teams may have 12 they can still enter 14 man tournament.

I also understand you may have to rework some weights but I also feel you can use the data to see what weight classes work for the teams with lesser numbers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

I do think there should be separate divisions with differing number of weight classes

so....

1) WIAA has to change team state format and get it out of individual regionals
2) Individual state will run the same way with 14 weight classes except have double elimination at state and get rid of regionals and have super sectionals
3) Schools have the choice if they want to compete in 14-weight class or 10-weight class team state.  Divide the teams up into sections rather than conferences.  Do not make the sections too large so that teams have room for non-sectional duals.  Maybe have 6 teams in each sectional.  That is five duals and then non-sectional duals against similar talented teams.  Top 2 teams in each section advance to state tournament team dual series.  Seed team state regional and sectionals.
4) Teams could dual against teams in other divisions but would just agree on 14 weight classes or 10 weight classes before they decide on dual.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MNbadger

Ramjet, Don't you think making a forfeit worth 3 points will lead to more of them?  That is if you believe coaches/kids are "ducking" matches.
Quote from: ramjet on May 16, 2017, 03:48:07 PM
the choice to go to 8 man football is that it is a choice so poor comparison.

Coaches need to wrestle kids instead of ducking matches.

Many do this in the NLC for the dual team win instead wrestling a kid up or down they FF.

That hurts our sport more than it helps.

one weight movement should be required in those cases where each team has hole instead of the FF or make the FF worth  3 or less points.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

ramjet

Less impact make it 1 point.

MNbadger

This will result in more "ducking".  If a coach thinks they won't win a certain match up, they are more likely to forfeit if they are only giving up 1 or 3 points rather than 6 don't you think?
Quote from: ramjet on May 17, 2017, 08:14:32 AM
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on May 17, 2017, 08:34:10 AM
This will result in more "ducking".  If a coach thinks they won't win a certain match up, they are more likely to forfeit if they are only giving up 1 or 3 points rather than 6 don't you think?
Quote from: ramjet on May 17, 2017, 08:14:32 AM
Agree forfeits should be more. That way you send someone out there to wrestle and not run away.