Started by TomM, May 08, 2017, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

They're so dang expansive and never have any deals to bring you in.

If you've ever shopped at a Bass Pro Shop, it's hard to walk into Gander.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

Gander Mountain was purchased by Camping World. They had said earlier that Eau Claire and Germantown were the WI stores closing.

http://www.wsaw.com/content/news/Rothschild-Gander-Mountain-to-remain-open-will-become-Camping-World-421633943.html

bigG

They'd better close Eau Claire. Shields kicks their holy hides. I like that Shields store.

Be fun to try out Camping World.

ramjet

Camping World holdings might just be the liquidators. Not sure about the EC store ? you have the inside track or you just trying to get at me in some weird way? By the way Gander going down has little to do with brick and motar stores and much to do with online purchasing and Gander MTN inability to re-invent themselves to keep up with Market trends. much like Sears, JC Penny, K-Mart and several other iconic retailers.

TomM

Now I hear 75 stores will remain open.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on May 09, 2017, 07:36:10 PM
Camping World holdings might just be the liquidators. Not sure about the EC store ? you have the inside track or you just trying to get at me in some weird way? By the way Gander going down has little to do with brick and motar stores and much to do with online purchasing and Gander MTN inability to re-invent themselves to keep up with Market trends. much like Sears, JC Penny, K-Mart and several other iconic retailers.

Maybe true; but you walk into Shields brick and mortar store and you'll see a whole lot more $$$ changing hands than in any Gander I've been to. Online is often the way to go; but before I buy a grill, or camping chair, or arm, I'd like the first-hand experience. I bet there are many such fuddy-duddys out there.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on May 10, 2017, 09:08:30 AM

Maybe true; but you walk into Shields brick and mortar store and you'll see a whole lot more $$$ changing hands than in any Gander I've been to. Online is often the way to go; but before I buy a grill, or camping chair, or arm, I'd like the first-hand experience. I bet there are many such fuddy-duddys out there.

What aisle do they keep the arms in at Sheel's? ;D ;D        I could use a new left one with a new shoulder

Ghetto

Let me know which aisle the hip is in. I'm ready for a new one.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Let's be honest, G isn't shopping he's going between Kohls and Scheels to decide which one has the best 2-ply.

ramjet

Watch those who do not re-invent themselves and adjust to the marketing trends will be gone. When you compare to a number of well known large retailers brick and mortar and compare 10 years ago to today's revenues of Amazon it is astounding.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigoil on May 10, 2017, 05:16:02 PM
Let's be honest, G isn't shopping he's going between Kohls and Scheels to decide which one has the best 2-ply.

Good point. ;D

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on May 10, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Watch those who do not re-invent themselves and adjust to the marketing trends will be gone. When you compare to a number of well known large retailers brick and mortar and compare 10 years ago to today's revenues of Amazon it is astounding.

Loud and clear. People who are handy with such stats are an invaluable commodity.

bigG

Quote from: Houndhead on May 10, 2017, 01:27:43 PM

What aisle do they keep the arms in at Sheel's? ;D ;D        I could use a new left one with a new shoulder

You pokin' fun at my prosthetic?! >:(
;)

maggie

I was a good friend with Ralph Freitag and poured a lot of Concrete for him back in the day...sad to see  :(
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY