Wisconsin coaches salaries

Started by leg turk, April 30, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

MNbadger

Well, then someone is going to say "shrink your roster".
I do not know the exact length of season for NCAA tennis either.  I have coached many sports and yes, I believe wrestling is the most work.  But I have gone round and round too many times to count about this kind of thing.  The truth is, it is hard to quantify.  Is it length of season?  Is it attendance (my HS colleagues always used to claim FB and BB had "more pressure").  I called BS on that. Very few college wrestling coaches wrestle with their athletes so it is different than hs that way.  What do Big Ten wrestling coaches get vs Big Ten tennis coaches?   
Quote from: bigoil on April 30, 2017, 10:34:22 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on April 30, 2017, 09:57:28 PM
Why?
Quote from: leg turk on April 30, 2017, 07:35:26 PM
I can't believe the tennis coach gets more than the wrestling coach.  Goodlord.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/football/badgers-sports-wisconsin-coaching-salaries-and-contracts/article_0ee25325-318c-52ee-8ee5-aec494841e65.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Roster of 10 vs 30; coach Davis has been here ~25 years to 3 for the tennis coach.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

MNbadger

I find it more hard to believe that hockey and football asst make way more.  Yes, I know you will say revenue but they also eat up tons of money.  CC/Track and field makes more too.  CC has 14 on the roster.  Both are short seasons.   

DocWrestling

Tennis has fall and spring seasons.

Probably also matters what assistants get paid in each sport.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

stbird

Barry Davis is getting ripped off!  Does that also mean that our assistants don't get paid by the school?  I didn't see any wrestling assitants listed. 

bkraus

The track/CC head coach deserves the money, probably more.  He is the head for both men's and women's teams in both disciplines.  That's 4 teams he has to monitor, recruit, compliance, etc....  I know that most if not all the CC athletes also do track, but still, that is gotta be a huge undertaking.
Strive for Perfection

Barou

Quote from: bkraus on May 01, 2017, 01:32:18 PM
The track/CC head coach deserves the money, probably more.  He is the head for both men's and women's teams in both disciplines.  That's 4 teams he has to monitor, recruit, compliance, etc....  I know that most if not all the CC athletes also do track, but still, that is gotta be a huge undertaking.

And the CC programs are successful.
JHI Mafia

Jimmy

Barou

Quote from: getyourpoints on May 01, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
Well if the Badgers are only paying a little over 100k a year I think BD is about as good of a coach as we are going to get.
For those of you that we're hoping BD was going to retire at the early age of 55 you are nuts, BD will need to put in his full 25 to retire on that Income.

UW is on the "cheaper" side for all sports.  We need coaches that consider Wisconsin a destination job like Bo Ryan and Paul Chryst.  That's why Askren is brought up and is the logical choice because of his Wisconsin ties.  There are plenty of better coaches than BD that UW can get for over 100K.  If we get a great up and comer and he is successful then yes UW would be a stepping stone.  Quite honestly, a lot of us posters would take that.  If we can get a guy in that averages better than 18th place nationally and he puts together a few successful seasons that land him a better job, so be it.  Then go find the next great up and comer.  We always hear about all the great things the program has to offer when selling itself to recruits but with all the unsuccessful years BD has had it's a different story.  They sell how UW is a great academic institution but then say admissions prevents them from getting some of the top tier wrestlers.  So is it a positive or a negative?  A few years ago they were selling the great renovations to the wrestling facility but now they are apparently one of the worst in the Big Ten.  So is it a positive or a negative?
JHI Mafia