Brewers Playing pretty well.

Started by leg turk, April 28, 2017, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Agreed. We don't have a front line starter that we can count on to consistently throw quality starts out there.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Houndhead

bkraus

Hank is scheduled to be at one of our HS baseball games.  So I don't think he is paws up yet.
Strive for Perfection

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Houndhead on June 01, 2017, 08:24:54 AM
If Guerra, Anderson, Davies keep pitching like their last starts, we could stay in 1st. I wouldn't bet on that happening.

+1

I have been really impressed how Guerra has come back from his injury, was worried he was a 30+ yr old rookie flash in the pan and that this year he would fall back.  Though the spit finger (which you don't see much anymore because of arm issues) is his ticket to the end it seems. 

Also, really impressed with Anderson - the last couple starts he reverted back to early in the year when he was tossing hard 94+  Seems like he went through a little dead arm stint, but last two starts he's velocity is back up and that delta vs his breaking stuff is greater and leading to better starts.   

Also +2 - It was nice to see Nelson slim down,  last year I thought he looked like he had gained 30+ lbs from previous year, he seems to have better velocity and stamina.  He also has better control, but can't really correlate that other than maybe to stamina.

I would say if they brought up Hader and jettisoned Garza that would be an impressive young threesome with Nelson, Davies, and Hader.   

I thought they found something with Peralta in the bullpen after first two outings, now he seems to have reverted back to original form.  :(
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Houndhead

I think they are hoping Garza will pitch good enough to get some for him in return.

wrastle63

Brewers are still hanging in there! Only 1GB from the mighty Cubs.

bigG

I was afraid they wouldn't bounce back like they did. What an impressive season.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.