Future NCAA Host Cities.. Cleveland 2018, then where?

Started by TomM, April 06, 2017, 01:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Anyone know the next few cities who will be hosting the D1's?
Cleveland is next year, then where?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

Someone from the NCAA the other day talked about putting it in a dome.  I hope this never happens as I think it would take away from the atmosphere of the tourney.  I doubt it will ever happen, but would love to see it come to the new Bucks arena.  That will definitely be big enough.  I have heard Vegas get kicked around.  But is their arena big enough?

I would love to see Concordia, MSOE or Parkside kick around the idea of sponsoring the DII or DIII championships.  It could easily be held at the UWM Arena.  Would love to have a championship in our backyard in SE WI.
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

I saw that too. We don't have the fan base to fill a dome at NCAAs. The official attendance per session in St. Louis was like 19000, but that had to have been paid attendance, because there were open seats in the place for sure.

IDK about most times, but both times I was in St. Louis, D2s was also in St. Louis the week before. Is that a prerequisite? Will the new Bucks arena hold the 19000 they say is mandatory? We could then hold D2 in the Panther Arena. We don't have a "home team" but I am not sure that matters.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

It was held at the UNI Dome in Cedar Falls one year. Yikes... Not my favorite spot for the tourney.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bkraus

D2 this year was in Birmingham, AL.  Just looked up the new Bucks arena specs.  Said it would have capacity of 17,500 for basketball.  So I am guessing it would be too small for the tourney.  Wishful thinking.
Strive for Perfection