"Throw Me"

Started by woody53, March 20, 2017, 02:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

I am sorry but when i heard Brands tell his wrestler to throw him after a Championship, Wow. He might be an intense and talented Coach. But it shows you it is all about him. Just my opinion.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Ghetto

I said this on Twitter and I'll say it here... I hope every Iowa champ from now on throws a Brands brother on their head. I agree. It was way more cool when I didn't know Brands told him to.

Still, maybe a belly to back on Tom Brands would make me feel better about it.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

That is exactly why I do not like Terry Brands.  It always has been about him.  His actions are a disgrace to Iowa and the sport of wrestling in my opinion.  At first I would have thought it to be Clark's idea, but if you looked at the side replay it never looked like Clark was smiling or anything about doing it.
Strive for Perfection

ElectricGuy

Quote from: bkraus on March 21, 2017, 07:32:22 AM
That is exactly why I do not like Terry Brands.  It always has been about him.  His actions are a disgrace to Iowa and the sport of wrestling in my opinion.  At first I would have thought it to be Clark's idea, but if you looked at the side replay it never looked like Clark was smiling or anything about doing it.

As I was watching and he ran over to Brands I was "what the He** is Brands asking him to do"?  If you watch it Clark said no twice,  I think he might of even referenced that in his post interview.   

I too thought it sure seemed to try to make it about "Brands"  as he jumps up after the toss with a look of WTH

Can't stand orchestrated choreographed cr*p like that -  usually that comes from a young immature athletes (Manziel, TO, Ochocinco, etc..), here you had Clark showing the maturity to say no twice before giving in.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Dale Einerson

I thought it was fantastic, right up until I learned Brands told him to do it, then I did a 180.  While trying not to be overly critical, winning a national championship is kind of a big thing, I now see it as Brands attempt to show how fun Iowa wrestling can be...

bigG

Just weird. looked cool when it happened; then, it's like you just learned you caught your limit in a pay-per-fish lake. Took all the air out.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jets152

At no point did Clark look happy about throwing him. If it had been spontaneous, it would have been awesome.

Still, the throw got a lot of attention (sportscenter and whatnot). After the stretch the Brands have had of being out-recruited and out-coached by Cael, maybe they need to add a few gimmicks to attract attention.
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

bkraus

Teasdale decommitting from Iowa to Penn State yesterday will not help Iowa either.  I would not be surprised to see the Iowa faithful go nuts over that.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/caring-is-creepy/2017/03/1298/caring-is-creepy-2018-gavin-teasdale-decommits-from-iowa
Strive for Perfection

ElectricGuy

Quote from: bkraus on March 22, 2017, 07:57:04 AM
Teasdale decommitting from Iowa to Penn State yesterday will not help Iowa either.  I would not be surprised to see the Iowa faithful go nuts over that.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/caring-is-creepy/2017/03/1298/caring-is-creepy-2018-gavin-teasdale-decommits-from-iowa

Thought the same thing,  I'm sure their ripping everything apart now.  Maybe this was Brands showing (see we have fun too)  ::)
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

imwi

Didn't one of the Women wrestlers throw her coach last year in the Olympics?  That's what I thought it was a replay of, not knowing brands was saying throw me.  I'm sure he didn't expect his wrestler to go in to the post interview and say what he did

Barou

Quote from: woody53 on March 20, 2017, 02:27:42 PM
I am sorry but when i heard Brands tell his wrestler to throw him after a Championship, Wow. He might be an intense and talented Coach. But it shows you it is all about him. Just my opinion.

100% agree!!!
JHI Mafia

bigG

There's just something weird about Iowa. Most of their guys obviously bust tail; but I've had a few who I just can't stand. Gilman may have grown up; but there were many times a year or two ago, when he'd have a tantrum in the match and try to hurt his opponent, or do something ghetto. Ramos was just an arrogant odd duck Montell Marion had no moves, aside from grabbing balls and checking oil.

I grew a Gable mega-fan; but now don't care for my former hero team. Cael outclasses the crap out of 'em. Must drive them nuts.

sadpanda

Quote from: bigG on March 21, 2017, 02:48:50 PM
Just weird. looked cool when it happened; then, it's like you just learned you caught your limit in a pay-per-fish lake. Took all the air out.

I concur, G. The weird behavior shows that TB is out of his mind. I wish his national champ would have dumped him on his head! Speaking of Fruit Loops, they are very effective bait at the fish-out pond where I catch my limit every time. ;D
no bat-dads please

bigG

LOL! Spat some iced tea on that one. I'll have to try the Froot Loop trick next time I'm up north. My buds'll get a kick out of that.

Good to see you're still on here, Panda. Made my day. 8)