Pork

Started by bigG, March 19, 2017, 04:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

They're givin' it away. A friend of mine was swine; and he just folded. Costin' more than payin'. I've been eating a lot of it; bet some of you have, too.

Nothing better than pork chops in caste iron. Just right. Spare ribs have been cheap. Dang, dry rub them bad boys up. Make your own sausage.

The shoulder is my fav.

What's your pork?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Just grilled a beautiful tenderloin last night.  Use this method I found on the interwebs called the 7-6-5 method.  Pre-rub however you want...

Preheat grill on high temps for 10-15 minutes.  Keep all the burners on high and place tenderloin over direct heat for 7 minutes, flip and go for 6 minutes.  Turn off heat, leave cover closed and rest on grill for five minutes.  Pull off grill and rest under foil tent for 5 minutes and enjoy.  Oh it is soooooo good!
Strive for Perfection

ramjet

Butt Roast heavy dry rub with plenty of real brown sugar , season salt SlapyaMama spice, smoked paprika , dry mustard, onion powder garlic, white pepper , cumin and smoke for many hours low and slow using some hard maple and cherry lump charcoal for an outstanding bark. Ginger based home made BBQ sauce with a freshly baked hard roll and coleslaw .....

bigG

Smoked butt roast is my fav. Well, whole hog Spanferkel is a close tie.

Nice rub, Ram. I bet that bark is to die for. Then the inner meat is just falling apart....Dang, heaven.

ramjet

Yes it falls apart and is juicy and absolutely delicious. The bark is thick and rich.

bigG

:) :) :) :) :)MMM!

Hey, if you ever want to make the original red pasta sauce, take some country ribs (tvery similar ot the cut used in Italy) with a half lamb shank or sholder, and a beef shank or some other fattier beef part and dump in 64 oz of tomatoes, or sauce, pressed garlic, some ground red pepper flakes, little sugar and dark red wine. I like a little ground fennel, too. Just dump in the meat, and cover it at 365 for two hours. Let it cool. Uncover , stir, rip the meat off the bones , trow in meat, and go for another hour at 300, then uncover loosely (so it doesn't splatter everywhere) at 200 for another 1.5 hour. Old-school pasta sauce. A little goes a much longer way than a canned sauce and has rich flavor. Making some as we speak. ;D