Jim Koch

Started by yde, March 17, 2017, 12:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yde

Service times for Jim Koch
Journal entry by Kathleen DeFord — 3 hours ago

Greetings to all of Jim's family and friends. The obituary is not quite ready but, we would like to share the service times. This will appear in the Kenosha News and Racine Journal Times tomorrow, and the full obituary will appear Sunday. We will update here as well once the entire obituary is complete.

Former U.W. - Parkside Wrestling Coach, James P. Koch, died on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at the University Hospital of St. Louis, due to injuries sustained in a traffic accident.

A visitation for "Coach" will be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 from 12:00 Noon until 8:00 p.m. at the U.W.Parkside Sports and Activity Center, located off of  Cty . Hwy. E on Inner Loop Road.  A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, March 29th at 11:00 a.m. in the Alfred A. De Simone Gymnasium at U.W. - Parkside.  Private interment will take place in Sunset Ridge Memorial Park.  Memorial remembrances to the University Wisconsin-Parkside Foundation (Wrestling Program), c/o U.W. - Parkside, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha, WI  53144 would be appreciated.

Complete obituary information will be made available in the Sunday, March 26th edition of the newspaper.

Piasecki-Althaus Funeral Home & Cremation Services

3720 39th Avenue

Kenosha, Wisconsin 53144

262-658-4101

Online Condolences at www.piasecki-althaus.com

=====================================================

Previous, original post below from last week:

Just got word from St.Louis that Jim Koch (long time UW Parkside coach)  was hit by a car this morning on his daily run.  I was told he is in pretty bad shape. Hoping for some positive news, and will let you know if I here anymore.  Jay Yde

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

yde

Update
Sunday night update: No real changes today. Originally Surgery scheduled for this afternoon but cancelled due to trauma case that needed priority. Rescheduled when docs are back in town on Tuesday.  This surgery to repair two breaks in right leg. Then also insert screws and rods to fuse together back from C7-T6.   They feel Jim can tolerate surgery and this will prevent compartmentzation in the leg.

Will help his back so they can move him easier, and therefore help his breathing.  Many have asked if he is awake. He is in a coma; has been since accident happened.  Body temp regulation is  also issue today. Makes heart work harder.  Slight fever. Getting drugs to bring down so body is more relaxed.

He is very sick. But he is holding his own. Every outreach is acknowledged to Jim by me by name. All appreciated. Love to all his supporters!  Pls pass on to your respective lists as you have done previously.
Sent from my iPhone

badgerjohn

yde - thank you for the updates.

Prayers for Jim and his family.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

woody53

Keep us updated Yde. He is a big part of Wisconsin Wrestling. We have are prayers with him.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

goldmedal

Coach Koch, I've been thinking about you every single day and praying for you at the same time. You are on the minds and being prayed for by many! My sons who only met you once ask me every day how is Coach doing?  My response is he is hanging in there tough and hopefully with all the thoughts and prayers he will make it through this. Lot of great memories from the Parkside days.

Kevin Casper

bigG

The guy kept himself in shape like few others. Hopefully, all that running and such better readied him for a horrific event like this.

Prayers with you, coach.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

crossface21

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

woody53

Both the Caring Bridge and the Parkside links are not active right now. Did we loose Coach Koch today?

npope

Very sad news; taken well before his time. Perhaps a lesson for us all in how fleeting and unpredictable life is. Be sure to tell those close to you that you love them tonight.

In the blink of an eye...
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

crossface21

Quote from: woody53 on March 23, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
Both the Caring Bridge and the Parkside links are not active right now. Did we loose Coach Koch today?

Yes. He passed at 2:07pm.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

woody53

Quote from: crossface21 on March 23, 2017, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: woody53 on March 23, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Yes. He passed at 2:07pm.
This hurts so much. I only knew him from my involvement with State. But I got to talk to him at The Coaches Associations Awards many times eith my Coach. They are of the same mold.

TomM

Service times for Jim Koch
Journal entry by Kathleen DeFord — 3 hours ago

Greetings to all of Jim's family and friends. The obituary is not quite ready but, we would like to share the service times. This will appear in the Kenosha News and Racine Journal Times tomorrow, and the full obituary will appear Sunday. We will update here as well once the entire obituary is complete.

Former U.W. - Parkside Wrestling Coach, James P. Koch, died on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at the University Hospital of St. Louis, due to injuries sustained in a traffic accident.

A visitation for "Coach" will be held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 from 12:00 Noon until 8:00 p.m. at the U.W.Parkside Sports and Activity Center, located off of  Cty . Hwy. E on Inner Loop Road.  A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, March 29th at 11:00 a.m. in the Alfred A. De Simone Gymnasium at U.W. - Parkside.  Private interment will take place in Sunset Ridge Memorial Park.  Memorial remembrances to the University Wisconsin-Parkside Foundation (Wrestling Program), c/o U.W. - Parkside, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha, WI  53144 would be appreciated.

Complete obituary information will be made available in the Sunday, March 26th edition of the newspaper.

Piasecki-Althaus Funeral Home & Cremation Services

3720 39th Avenue

Kenosha, Wisconsin 53144

262-658-4101

Online Condolences at www.piasecki-althaus.com
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"