Day 2

Started by leg turk, March 17, 2017, 08:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

IMar is impressive over Zeke. Thought Zeke might get that last shot in but IMar strength is too much. Get that last win tomorrow Zeke!

gwmiller44

Davis blew the momentum of Jordan with the challenge call...............
Really? Think, Wow!

jets152

Quote from: gwmiller44 on March 17, 2017, 09:01:10 PM

Momentum?
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

Ghetto

Jordan signaled to the chair to challenge. At least that's what it looked like to me.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Jordan is dinged for stalling but Imar can ride, lift and return for 1:30 and no stalling

Numbers

Quote from: bigoil on March 17, 2017, 09:03:30 PM
Jordan is dinged for stalling but Imar can ride, lift and return for 1:30 and no stalling
Believe Imar dropped to a leg and basically pushed Zeke out of bounds before a 5 count, thought that should have been the first Imar stalling warning.

Zeke underestimated Imar's ride.  Hindsight he should have built a little ride time instead of giving the free point to start the second period.

wrastle63

Quote from: gwmiller44 on March 17, 2017, 09:01:10 PM
What the heck are you talking about?

mkm13

Easier said than done, IMAR is a beast. Good effort by Jordan.  You gave yourself a chance in the 3rd against arguably one of the top 3 college wrestlers at any weight.  No shame in coming up just short.

gijd

Hope Jordan gets into that third place match and meets and beats Massa.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Good job by Connor Medbery against Ty Walz.  Kept great position.  Very difficu;lt to beat a great wrestler that many times in a row..
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Micah

I thought IJ wrestled a smart match.  It was closer than I thought it would be.

billymurphy

It is a good year when you can get one finalist, but it would have been sweet to get two.  
IMAR seemed to think that Jordan never opened up for the first two periods and the third
period turned into just one long IMAR ride.  It will be highly interesting to see if Jordan can come back
and get third now or not.  Crone left no doubt that he is the third best wrestler on the team, at least until
the stud Wick brother gets off his redshirt year.  Medbery could make this interesting with this rib injury situation.

Huckfinn

Quote from: leg turk on March 17, 2017, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: Huckfinn on March 17, 2017, 02:35:48 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 17, 2017, 01:02:49 PM
Snyder may have apparently hurt his ribs in the last match.  If Medberry didn't have a chance before, he might now.

Ty Walz has really rolled this tournament.   Medberry had tough match with Hall.   Semis tonight should be interesting.  Kasper looked good beating Nevills.

Didn't Kasper say something about wanting to see what Snyder is all about, or punching him in the mouth?   ;D

I don't think Kasper could beat Snyder if he wrestled him 50 times.  He has no edge whatsoever.  Against the big boys he can crab ride them, wear them out.   Funny that Snyder outweighs Kasper by 7 pounds.

Medbery will have a hard time beating Snyder tomorrow night.   But I was impressed by how he handled Ty Walz.

I so much wanted Crone to win.     I think Theobold is just better than anybody thought.  Some guys show up in March.   None of Theobold's wins in the tourney were flukey.

Zeke has wrestled well every match.   Beating Massa would be a good career capper.

whatever

Quote from: Micah on March 17, 2017, 05:45:41 PM
Yeah, but if he doesn't beat Snyder there will always be that phrase "he only won because"

I believe you meant if he does best Snyder....

And that phrase would fade and being the champ would not.

Ask Ron Jeidy or Lee Fulhart....
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

npope

Quote from: whatever on March 18, 2017, 07:50:29 AM
Quote from: Micah on March 17, 2017, 05:45:41 PM
Yeah, but if he doesn't beat Snyder there will always be that phrase "he only won because"

I believe you meant if he does best Snyder....

And that phrase would fade and being the champ would not.

Ask Ron Jeidy or Lee Fulhart....

Who?  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope