Preseeds

Started by sudden_victory, February 27, 2017, 02:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudden_victory

Life is a bowl of cherries.

wrastle63

The only major one I'm worried about making it is Ryan. Stickley is only other one not making it based on seeding and I see him winning 1 big match to make it as an automatic qualifier.

dad 2 5

if the team score followed the preseeds it looks like
14 NW
13 MSU
12 MA
11 Purd
10 IND
9 Ru
8 MI
7 W
6 IL
5 MN
4 Neb
3 Iowa
2 OSU
1 PSU

leg turk

Handles II

The issue is that at least in the past, we have struggled to wrestle to, or above, our seeds. I'm cautiously optimistic.

wrastle63

Was kinda hoping Johnny would get the 7 so he could get Suriano in the quarters

Ghetto

Same. Word is that Suriano is going to default after he gets his automatic berth.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

npope

Quote from: Handles II on March 02, 2017, 08:57:23 AM
The issue is that at least in the past, we have struggled to wrestle to, or above, our seeds. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yes indeed - it isn't too many times that we have been "pleasantly surprised" by everyone just getting to where they were expected to be. Hopefully the boys are up for this one this time.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

After looking at the Wisconsin seeds, I believe it is highly likely that only Jordan and Medbery make it
to the semi final round since potentially several WI guys run into Penn State wrestlers.  But there is little reason that the Wisconsin wrestlers that lose
in the quarter finals round do not run into the very weak Northwestern, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue
and Maryland wrestlers in the consolation brackets to all quality for nationals. 
No doubt Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois finish ahead of the Badgers,
but the Badgers have the potential to finish ahead of Minnesota and Michigan if they have a good tournament.

wrastle63

Quote from: billymurphy on March 03, 2017, 01:03:45 AM
After looking at the Wisconsin seeds, I believe it is highly likely that only Jordan and Medbery make it
to the semi final round since potentially several WI guys run into Penn State wrestlers.  But there is little reason that the Wisconsin wrestlers that lose
in the quarter finals round do not run into the very weak Northwestern, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue
and Maryland wrestlers in the consolation brackets to all quality for nationals. 
No doubt Penn State, Ohio State, Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois finish ahead of the Badgers,
but the Badgers have the potential to finish ahead of Minnesota and Michigan if they have a good tournament.
I don't see Illinois as a shoe in to finish ahead of the Badgers. They have a lot of wrestlers who could be two and done to go along with Zane, IMar, Brunson, etc.

sudden_victory

Didn't Brady Reinke pin a top speed in the quarterfinals one year? I thought I remembered that but can't find it on a bracket.
Life is a bowl of cherries.