Moms and Dads

Started by 3wrestle, February 21, 2017, 10:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3wrestle

This weekend is the weekend your wrestlers have worked for some since the age of 4 and others starting in Middle school or the few who began in High School. Take it all in!
Enjoy watching your sons warm up, watch them walk to the on deck area, watch how they walk to the mat and then watch as they battle. It is all part of their trip to Madison. Win or lose these are days you will look back fondly on!
These little moments your mind may forget. (And you will want to remember)
Be proud of how far they have come, the discipline, hard work & the sacrifices they have made.
GOOD LUCK to all the wrestlers competing as well as their families and communities that have supported them!

And to the parents of the young wrestlers just watching when they ask if they could win one day? Tell them of course and they may just surprise you in 10 years when they are wrestling at the Kohl center! ;D

doublegotcha

I agree.  The state tournament is special for our family.  I was fortunate to wrestle there and coach both my boys there.  It is one of our family's favorite weekend of the year.

madeyson

Quote from: 3wrestle on February 21, 2017, 10:00:25 PM
This weekend is the weekend your wrestlers have worked for some since the age of 4 and others starting in Middle school or the few who began in High School. Take it all in!
Enjoy watching your sons warm up, watch them walk to the on deck area, watch how they walk to the mat and then watch as they battle. It is all part of their trip to Madison. Win or lose these are days you will look back fondly on!
These little moments your mind may forget. (And you will want to remember)
Be proud of how far they have come, the discipline, hard work & the sacrifices they have made.
GOOD LUCK to all the wrestlers competing as well as their families and communities that have supported them!

And to the parents of the young wrestlers just watching when they ask if they could win one day? Tell them of course and they may just surprise you in 10 years when they are wrestling at the Kohl center! ;D

+1 - it is the greatest weekend for Wisconsin wrestling! I remember a couple of years ago when Alec Ingold won his title as a senior - we were sitting in the stands a few rows from his family when he came up after his finals match - the excitement and joy of his entire family was really cool to witness. There will be 42 wrestlers winning state championships this weekend, but there are 560 wrestlers that should be very proud and honored that they get to wrestle in the Wisconsin State Wrestling Tournament.

OhioWisconsin

Always a great time for our family as well...watching family accomplish their dreams and walking around state street and taking in the whole state wrestling experience. Cant beat it!