Purdue

Started by wrastle63, February 10, 2017, 08:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 10, 2017, 08:47:43 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 10, 2017, 06:13:52 PMStickley needed to be more patient in overtime.

He was lucky to get to overtime - that was certainly back points by Welch to end the 3rd.

I agree, then they gave him the 2 on review but no back points?

billymurphy

That had to be close to back points in the Stickley match.   

Robertson might be undersized at 197 because he hardly ever scores more than a point or two
in his matches.

Nice Badger win, and several Badgers looked sharp tonight, but to be truthful Purdue is a weak team
and we should have been able to win at 133 and 141.

Micah

Welch is pretty good though and underrated.  He is tough on top.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

excited by their recent success and coupled with a great recruiting class coming in the Badgers will contend for a NCAA title in a couple years

bigoil

Quote from: billymurphy on February 10, 2017, 10:34:11 PM

Robertson might be undersized at 197 because he hardly ever scores more than a point or two
in his matches.

Nice Badger win, and several Badgers looked sharp tonight, but to be truthful Purdue is a weak team

Robertson is undersized but he made shots like my 8th grade son thinking he will just shoot with absolutely no set up 3 times. When he did set it up, he got in deep and just didn't execute a trip well enough.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigoil on February 11, 2017, 05:34:43 AM
Quote from: billymurphy on February 10, 2017, 10:34:11 PM

in his matches.

Robertson is undersized but he made shots like my 8th grade son thinking he will just shoot with absolutely no set up 3 times. When he did set it up, he got in deep and just didn't execute a trip well enough.
Worst part is Reinhardt beat that guy at Midlands 12-1.

GradeTough

Robertson looked awful on his feet. If you are undersized then the last thing you should do is sacrifice technique. Not sure what he was thinking diving at the legs like a beginner wrestler. Time to fine-tune his attacks on his feet and learn to get hand control on the bottom.

gijd

What's going on with RC? Sure seems to be struggling, you guys think it's the wt. drop? I was really thinking he could have a solid year this season.

Numbers

Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 11, 2017, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: gijd on February 11, 2017, 08:30:48 AM
What's going on with RC? Sure seems to be struggling, you guys think it's the wt. drop? I was really thinking he could have a solid year this season.
They are not developing great wrestlers as you can see and I'm pretty sure it isn't the weight cut.

::)

dad 2 5

Quote from: gijd on February 11, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

I think the coaching staff is looking closely at weight cuts as we have seen the negative effect in a bunch of cases, 125 several times, RR, now RC

Good win by the Badgers. Hope they can roll another win Sunday

Barou

Quote from: Brett Favre on February 10, 2017, 11:34:36 PM
excited by their recent success and coupled with a great recruiting class coming in the Badgers will contend for a NCAA title in a couple years

Hope you are being sarcastic. Barry has never sniffed a national title (as a coach) and never will. 23 years evidence based.
JHI Mafia

leg turk

Badger Kool aid, $.25 a glass.

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on February 11, 2017, 07:09:06 PM
Quote from: Barou on February 11, 2017, 03:18:58 PM
Quote from: Brett Favre on February 10, 2017, 11:34:36 PM

Hope you are being sarcastic. Barry has never sniffed a national title (as a coach) and never will. 23 years evidence based.
I would say that was sarcastic. Based on his past comments. I would say he is being ridiculous in his statement to show the blinded how ridiculous there statements are!
So much for Purdue winning knight.

Huckfinn

Ricky Robertson is Timmy McCall all over again.  Lots of potential, good wins, broken hearts.

woody53

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 12, 2017, 12:03:34 PM
Ricky Robertson is Timmy McCall all over again.  Lots of potential, good wins, broken hearts.
Yes. I see that also.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!