Conference Tourney

Started by Speedy, February 06, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy

Just wanted to say that I thought that JC did a wonderful job this year with the tournament. The silhouettes on screens was a nice touch. Hopefully who ever hosts it next year can step up to the plate because the last two tournaments have been phenomenal.

Heavy Weight

It was a great tournament. Hats off to the Marcus and the staff at Johnson creek schools. Great to see that the kids in the final get the recognition they deserve with only one match going on at a time. With it being a new school they will get the noise issues figure out along with the sound system. Overall great job.

RollTide

I though Johnson Creek ran a great tournament.  The finals introductions were a nice. Touch.  I agree that they will have to get the sound thing figured out.  I could only understand about every other word and i had to take aspirin on the way home from the loud echo.

novakm

Thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed it.  It was a pleasure hosting everyone and I am glad we were able to get through the day without a major disruption.  Our sound is definitely something we need to work on.  We will be hosting our first annual tournament next year on Dec. 2nd, so if you have any tips on how to improve something you ran across, please email me at novakm@johnsoncreekschools.org.  Thanks for making the trip and letting us have some success on the day.

MN

Steve Heinzl

Like everyone said you guys did a great job of running it.  Only recommendation would be to either have someone announcing the match up or to make the displays on the walls bigger or have it on both ends of the gym.  I liked that you had it in different spots but it would have been nice if you wouldn't have to get up to go over to it to see who was up and where.  I'm up most of the time because I can't sit in one spot so it wasn't a huge deal for me but for the average fan it would be nice to know who was up and where without getting out of their seat.