Gilman/ Lizak

Started by wrastle63, February 06, 2017, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Any catch this match? Wow! Lizak came out and dominated him for 2 periods. Lizak seemed to gas out in the third.

bigoil

First period is on Twitter and the pin is also on twitter. I can't recall who made the comment but appeared to them to be a bad weight cut by Lizak as he shouldn't have been the one running out of gas with a dominating ride.

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on February 06, 2017, 10:55:14 AM
First period is on Twitter and the pin is also on twitter. I can't recall who made the comment but appeared to them to be a bad weight cut by Lizak as he shouldn't have been the one running out of gas with a dominating ride.

I believe it was David Taylor or at least that's where I saw the comment

TomM

They were both hypnotized... Gillman for 4 minutes and Lizak for the last two. Yikes...

Looked like the Superbowl...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Huckfinn

Quote from: bigoil on February 06, 2017, 10:55:14 AM
appeared to them to be a bad weight cut by Lizak as he shouldn't have been the one running out of gas with a dominating ride.

Very odd this time of year for a highly ranked wrestler to become helpless, especially a leg rider with 3 1/2 minutes of riding time.   It was a disappointing and pathetic spectacle.

Hmmm, Lizak was one of the guys suspended last fall for selling drugs.  Is he using drugs to cut weight?   An unfair speculation, but something doesn't add up with that performance.  I've seen many guys get too amped-up and tire early, but Lizak was not high paced.

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 06, 2017, 10:52:03 AM
Any catch this match? Wow! Lizak came out and dominated him for 2 periods. Lizak seemed to gas out in the third.

I wouldnt say domination for 2 full periods. I was in the stands and at about the 4 minute mark Gilman looked to be on the attack and scored a reversal with about 30 or so seconds left in the period.

I wouldnt say Lizak was completly gassed but wore out from the fight Gilman put him through in those first 2 periods. Remember that Gilman is the number 1 guy and pretty stinken good if you ask me!

With all the work Lizak put in working over Gilman I thought at the end of the first period that Gilman looked stronger. I am sure nerves and excitment from Lizak also caused that gas tank to start running dry at some point.

I think I saw Gilman smile when he got that reversal or he looked like this is going to end real quick as far as Gilman was concerned.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet