Wrestling podcasts and you

Started by Huckfinn, February 03, 2017, 01:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

There are a bunch of wrestling podcasts, some of them very entertaining.  I tune in during the height of college wrestling season.   It seems like a lot, but some don't appear often.  They are available on different podcast platforms like itunes or soundcloud, but I use stitcher because it is a good app and has all but one of the podcasts.

FloWrestling Radio Live - rambling but often good analysis from FLO gurus. Tuesday & Thursday during wrestling intense months.

The Inside Trip Wrestling Podcast - my favorite podcast for college wrestling.   Ohio State guys who seem to know the whole country.  Their two-hour breakdown of Midlands & Scuffle was excellent if too much of a good thing.  They put out a podcast every couple weeks.

Black Shoes Diary Matcast - A Penn State centric podcast.   It's OK.  Another two geeks podcast. Check out their recent breakdown of the Penn State - Wisconsin dual.   They think Nevills & Joseph kicked major butt.

T-Row & Funky Show - Wrestling legends Tommy Rowlands and Ben Askren talk college, international and a bit of MMA.  Entertaining.  This is the only wrestling podcast not yet on stitcher; I listen on soundcloud.  They release Sunday night this month to talk about the weekend college matches.

Bloodround - A popular weekly podcast.  I find it a bit chatty, it's OK.

Malicious Intent - They do good interviews, but publish infrequently.   I just listened to Jason Welch interview, one of my favorite college wrestlers in recent years.

Mattalk Podcast Network - If you subscribe to this on a podcast service, you will get notified about ten different wrestling podcasts.  Some of them are for individual schools (do you really want to follow the Old Dominion wrestling program?)   You can also just individually choose podcasts, and I like these three programs in their network:

Trackwrestling podcast -  the guy who does the rankings for TW gives a short and sweet explanation of the week's college wrestling changes.  They  do a second weekly podcast this time of year, usually an interview.  Excellent.

On The Mat by National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum - Could they have chosen a longer title?   This is an Iowa centric podcast (lots of talk of Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa.) This week they interviewed the coach of Fresno's new program and Eggum of the North.  Professional and high quality.  Weekly.

Short Time Wrestling Podcast - Professionally done.  Interviews, a lot of general talk. I prefer more focus on the nuts and bolts of college wrestling.   But you may like it.

I think the best platform for listening to wrestling podcasts is the stitcher app or website.   It is a little confusing to use at first, but you click on the "+" to add a podcast to your "stations".  If you are using the web rather than a device app, you see your podcast list ("stations") here http://app.stitcher.com/mystations

wrastle63

Huckfinn

There are two other podcasts on the Mattalk Podcast Network  that you might be interested in.  Sudden History is a reminiscing show. Attack Style Wrestling Podcast seems oriented to ideas for wrestling coaches.  I haven't listened to much of either yet.