February

Started by CLC FAN, January 29, 2017, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Alright... let's get some discussion going! 

First off, the Big East Conference tournament is in Mishicot this year.  Should be a barn burner between Reedsville and Random Lake.  Anybody want to throw out picks for Champ and Runner-up at each weight?

Bandit

I'll take a stab at it.

106. Hoopman-CGB over Ingalls-RD
113. Rautmann-RL over Griffey-RD
120. Depies-RL over Kasper-RD
126. Brockman-CGB over Becker-M
132. Luckow-M over Lombardi-OO
138. Ward-ELGHG over Maatilor-OO
145. Stelzer-RD over Luis-RL
152. Spatchek-RD over Vandenbush-RL
160. Roffers-RD over Rebedew-ELGHG
170. Kohn-RL over Kocourek-RD
182. Vandenbush-RL over Kasper-RD
195. Brouillette-RL over Griffey-RD
220. Huiras-RL over Knier-RD
285. Capetillo-Cruz-RD over Roll-ELGHG

Random Lake-6 Champs/ 2 Runner-ups
Reedsville-4 Champs/ 7 Runner-ups
Cedar Grove-Belgium-2 Champs
Elkhart Lake Glenbeulah/Howards Grove-1 Champ/ 2 Runner-ups
Mishicot-1 Champ/1 Runner-up
Oostburg-2 Runner-ups
Ozaukee-ZIP

Thinking some kids may move around a little on the teams without full squads to try and get a conference championship but who knows.

hasbeen

Yeah I have a hard time guessing what weight a lot of these guys will actually be at, but I'll go in with the assumption RL moves Rautmann up and leaves the upper weights where they normally are.

106. Hoopman-CGB over Ingalls-RD
113. Rautmann-RL over Griffey-RD
120. Depies-RL over Kasper-RD
126. Brockman-CGB over Becker-MI
132. Luckow-MI over Lombardi-OO
138. Ward-ELHG over Josiah-OO
145. Luis-RL over Stelzer-RD
152. Morgan-CGB over Vandenbush-RL
160. Roffers-RD over Kohn-RL
170. Vandenbush-RL over Kocourek-RD
182. Brouillette-RL over Kasper-RD
195. Huiras-RL over Griffey-RD
220. Knier-RD over Drenski-RL
285. Capetillo-RD over Roll-ELHG

RL - 6 champs / 3 runner-up
RD - 3 / 7
CGB - 3 / 0
MI - 1 / 1
ELHG - 1 / 1
OO - 0 / 2

Redleader52

Hoopman
Rautmann
Depies
Brockman
Lombardi
Ward
Luis
Spatchek
Roffers
Vandenbush
Brouillette
Griffey
Knier
And after Navis beat Capetillo on Tuesday, I won't even attempt to guess 285.

CLC FAN

Congratulations to the 2017 Big East Conference Champions

106 Quinn Hoopman CGB
113 Anthony Rautmann RL
120 Abel Brockman CGB
126 Josh Depies RL (4x Conference Champ!)
132 Chase Lombardi Oo
138 Max Ward EL-G/HG
145 Cesar Luis RL
152 Grayson Vandenbush RL
160 Isaac Roffers Reeds
170 Daniel Kocourek Reeds
182 Helton Vandenbush RL
195 Chase Brouillette RL
220 Hunter Huiras RL
285 Zenaido Capetillo-Cruz Reeds

Redleader52

Well done to all the teams. There were some excellent matches on Saturday. Also, props to Mishicot for hosting a great tournament. The finals was really cool. Had to be fun to be part of. Good luck to everyone at their regionals on Saturday!

hasbeen

Quote from: Redleader52 on February 06, 2017, 01:57:00 AM
props to Mishicot for hosting a great tournament. The finals was really cool.
Ditto!

CLC FAN

Regionals this weekend.  Reedsville, Mishicot, and Oostburg are up in Brillion.  Random Lake and Ozaukee are at Random Lake.
In division 2, Cedar Grove-Belgium heads up to Sheboygan Falls and Elkhart Lake-Glenbulah/Howards Grove travels to Valders.

Who makes ot to State this year from the Big East?

Gutwrench

I'll go with 16 qualifiers to State.

D3 120 and 160 are stacked from what I can see!!

hasbeen

All 14 Conference champs + Stelzer and Griffey should be pretty good bets. You know there will be an upset or 2 and there will be a few surprises, so I'll go with a total of 18 qualifiers. I'll guess Random Lake narrowly edging out Reedsville with total qualifiers 7-6.

CLC FAN

Well, Tuesday night in Laconia, two conference schools will be in a battle for a place at the team state tournament.  Reedsville starts off with Kenosha Christian Life, while Random Lake faces Laconia.  Both of those duals will start at 6:00 pm with the winners of those duals facing off at 8.

Hopefully we see an all-Big-East Sectional Finals!

hasbeen

Quote from: hasbeen on February 09, 2017, 01:59:57 PM
All 14 Conference champs + Stelzer and Griffey should be pretty good bets. You know there will be an upset or 2 and there will be a few surprises, so I'll go with a total of 18 qualifiers. I'll guess Random Lake narrowly edging out Reedsville with total qualifiers 7-6.
2 conference champs didn't make it to Sectionals, so I'll drop my prediction to 16 qualifiers from the Big East. Now I'll go with the remaining 12 and Stelzer and Griffey as good bets. We should get 2 more between either Morgan, Kohn, Tesarik, Knier, Drenski or Roll. Sticking with my RL - 7, REED - 6 prediction.

CLC FAN

Wow!  What a dual between Reedsville and Random Lake.  11 of the 14 weight classes featured new matchups between kids who hadn't wrestled each other at the dual or the Big East Tournament!!  Some triple overtime, some 1-0 matches, very few bonus points scored... in fact, I think 30-26 may be the lowest two-team point total in the state tonight.

It needs to be said - Reedsville's kids wrestled lights out.  I know it won't be consolation, but we feel you.  Our current journey as a program pretty much began when we lost 38-38 to Brillion in the Sectional Finals in 2007.  We lost on criteria C.  So we know what it is to empty your heart out on the mat and come up short.  Those seniors and that team from Reedsville should hold their heads high - they are a fantastic group of wrestlers.

And how much respect does Roffers deserve?  With the dual on the line, he goes out there against Vandenbush, essentially up two weights from last year, and just competes the whole match, never giving up and never backing down.  A state finalist and a state champ wrestling to send their team on to Team State - it just doesn't get any cooler than that.

ELG

Congratulations to both Random Lake and Reedsville. Looked like a heck of a dual with many great matches. Best of luck to Random Lake as they chase a state championship with their outstanding senior class.

hasbeen

Congrats to RL. Sounds like a great dual. Wish I would have been there. Some people just don't understand the idea of moving kids around to different weight classes to maximize matchups, but I'm always intrigued by the strategy behind those changes.