PSU/WI

Started by MNbadger, January 22, 2017, 01:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 27, 2017, 02:20:44 PM
I am looking forward to the # 11 Hall vs. # 24 Christensen matchup. Could be a big match tonight... Christensen is a tough rider..
Yea and Hall is a beast on his feet whereas Christensen isn't.

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 27, 2017, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on January 27, 2017, 02:20:44 PM
I am looking forward to the # 11 Hall vs. # 24 Christensen matchup. Could be a big match tonight... Christensen is a tough rider..
Yea and Hall is a beast on his feet whereas Christensen isn't.

I think Christensen was better at 84 last year.  He cuts too much weight.   This is just a guess on my part, I haven't paid close attention;  I wonder if others see this.

Harris

After what happened to Hall at Iowa, I expect him to come out like a caged lion.

dad 2 5

wow from behind ZEKE!

Harris

ZEKE has ice in his veins  :D

Micah

The best thing about Penn State is the are aggressive and are not content with decisions.  Heck, how many Takedowns do they have?

imwi

Quote from: Micah on January 27, 2017, 08:39:44 PM
The best thing about Penn State is the are aggressive and are not content with decisions.  Heck, how many Takedowns do they have?

I read it was 25-2 for PSU

leg turk

Quote from: imwi on January 28, 2017, 07:27:48 AM
Quote from: Micah on January 27, 2017, 08:39:44 PM

I read it was 25-2 for PSU

Ouch!

Ivan Stankowski

mkm13

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 27, 2017, 07:59:08 PM
Zeke should of got called for stalling at least 3 times! It won't be in his favor at the conference meet if they meet again!

Who are you cheering for? Based on all your comments, it seems like you would fit in better here:

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-wrestling-room.16/

PSU dominated us. They also dominated Iowa and every other opponent this year.  The only team to score more against them than UW did is Nebraska (they had 14).  Of course you would jump in here and be negative, even though they will dominate every dual except for against maybe 2 teams.

I am glad Jordan and Medberry won. They both beat very talented wrestlers.

Harris

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on January 28, 2017, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 27, 2017, 07:59:08 PM
Zeke should of got called for stalling at least 3 times! It won't be in his favor at the conference meet if they meet again!

Who are you cheering for? Based on all your comments, it seems like you would fit in better here:

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/forums/the-wrestling-room.16/

PSU dominated us. They also dominated Iowa and every other opponent this year.  The only team to score more against them than UW did is Nebraska (they had 14).  Of course you would jump in here and be negative, even though they will dominate every dual except for against maybe 2 teams.

I am glad Jordan and Medberry won. They both beat very talented wrestlers.
I'm not taking away that it was good for Jordan and Medberry to win. Good for them, but maybe I'm pointing out the fact that they are not being developed right like I have been saying all along. It looks like Jordan has regressed and Medberry is stagnant. I think if this was at Penn State 33 would of been the only match the Badgers would of won! Settle down and take it easy and respect knowledge!

Jordan has regressed?  Medberry is stagnant?  Have you lost your mind?

Medberry is undefeated and has beaten a ton of top 10 guys.  He has/had 18 takedowns to his opponents 1.  Jordan has one loss on the season by a point or two.  He has/had 36 takedowns to his opponents 5.  He also has wrestled some studs.

Didn't Mark Hall take off the red shirt and then proceed to lose his first match?  Does this mean he is not progressing like he should and his coach sucks?  This is wrestling at a very high level.  The difference between a win and a loss against the top wrestlers is razor thin.  I am amazed at the season Medberry and Jordan are having.  Both of them have gotten better every year they have been at UW.

Give me a break.  If you want to criticize, at least pick someone who is under performing.  From my vantage point, this years team has a lot of fight and they are improving over the past few years.  It has been fun to watch. 

I hope Zeke and Conner win it all!  They both have the talent and drive to make it happen.  Will they or could they lose some matches along the way, you bet. 

I guess you must have been undefeated in high school and college based on your opinion of what it means to be stagnant.

Rant over  >:(

wrastle63

And who says you have a higher standard of opinion than anyone else?

Harris

You crack me up.  Is that the best you can come up with?  Come on  ;D

At least give me some stats instead of your anecdotal BS.  

I get it that you are a BD hater but these two wrestlers are having great seasons by any coaches standard.  I would guess there is not a college coach in the country who wouldn't want these two fine young men on their roster.  

Keep stirring the pot.  At least it keeps things interesting around here.

Numbers

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 28, 2017, 07:34:22 PM
I like it when the delusionals get all hot and heavy on my analysis, but I question them and they say I'm being out of order!  Settle down Mr. Harris were you undefeated in high school and college to have a higher standard of opinions than me or anyone else that is being realistic on the Badgers?  Not so much Medberry, because he has the big wins this year, but Jordan for the "stud" he is, he hasn't wrestled like he did last year! He is regressing and most of it has to do with staff. Did you look at the roster program last night and see that Barry has 23 years with the Badgers and Cael has 7 with Penn State. That in it self should say a lot for you!

IJ has pretty much wrestled EXACTLY the way he did last year.  He needed a takedown with 1 second left to avoid a loss @ Penn State.  Jordan is not always flashy, but he is a winner.

Yep, Penn State has built a better program than Barry Davis.  If Joseph would have been coached by Sanderson to let Jordan go with 10 seconds left in the match, he beats IJ by one.  So I thank Sanderson for allowing the exciting finish last night.  And if the two wrestle again, I'll take IJ in the rematch.

billymurphy

I still think Ricky Robertson is the third best guy on the team. He loses a lot of close matches though
so I am not certain.  And I see no evidence of Jordan getting worse(Logan Massa is a stud), but when I used
to go to all of the home matches, for sure Craig Henning looked way better his junior year
than his senior year(very noticeable).  I was at the Big Ten Tournament when he got pinned and did
not qualify for nationals.

Jason Nolf (Penn State) over Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) (Fall 3:47)
Isaac Jordan (Wisconsin) over Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State) (SV-1 6-4)
Mark Hall (Penn State) over Ryan Christensen (Wisconsin) (MD 18-4)
Bo Nickal (Penn State) over Hunter Ritter (Wisconsin) (Fall 2:35)
Matt McCutcheon (Penn State) over Ricky Robertson (Wisconsin) (Dec 2-0)
Connor Medbery (Wisconsin) over Nick Nevills (Penn State) (Dec 4-3)
Nick Suriano (Penn State) over Jens Lantz (Wisconsin) (MD 15-4)
Eli Stickley (Wisconsin) over Triston Law (Penn State) (TF 17-2 7:00)
James Gulibon (Penn State) over Cole Martin (Wisconsin) (MD 15-3)