BRC Championship

Started by Dunn County, January 20, 2017, 06:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Quote from: Mustang Fan on February 16, 2017, 07:17:16 PM
I liked it better when you Hudson guys had Menononie to pick on and worry about   :-* ....at least I had a horse in the race back then and had allot more fun reading the forums. Good luck to the BRC teams this weekend in River Falls!!

I know I miss KingFish2 from another town...   :o :o :o
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Nice to be a winner!

Stillwater, MN made it to Team State is the Class AAA (D1).  8-team field just like us.  They won the sectional finals 47-23. 
Hudson beat them 33-24.

Stripes

Now that the smoke and mirrors have cleared up, there are some interesting numbers available from the individual sectional. Hudson brought 11 wrestlers. Marshfield brought 12. Hudson scored 115. Marshfield 59.5. I'm not a numbers guy but a ballpark estimate tells me that Hudson nearly doubled them. Won the team sectional dual on Tuesday night (by using depth and 3 guys who were not available for the Bay Port SNAFU) and followed that up by scoring the most points in the individual sectional. I don't say winning because nobody really keeps track of that, it just provides some useful data.

Furthermore, when adding the west side regional, the east side's regional results were totally scrambled. Could that reflect that, although the number of state qualifiers were not equal from the two regionals, the parity and depth from the west side was greater than the east? I'm really not sure... Some more thought needs to into that.

Anyway, one poster was correct on this thread. This is a DOWN year for Hudson. Back DOWN to Madison for the next two weekends.