Started by Dunn County, January 20, 2017, 06:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Quote from: imnofish on February 02, 2017, 12:43:00 AM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 30, 2017, 07:24:06 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 29, 2017, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 28, 2017, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 28, 2017, 09:31:35 PM
They must be doing something right (very consistently) in Hudson.  Congrats and good luck!

Once Massie graduated, it just left a vacuum with nothing further to talk about.  We could talk about his Dad and Chetek's glory years, but that would be the HON thread.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trying to stir something, or just reliving your childhood dream of becoming a plumber?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Probably a little of both  ;)

But coach - notice the cause and effect - no Massie the BRC thread turns to crickets!   ;D 

It's not like the BRC doesn't still have it's star power....   

Even a Badger conference fan can see the conference has some of the top talent.

Take Hudson - quietly floating through the year, but not unnoticed by me, they are loaded with talent - two Anderson's, two Fanning's, Godbout (By the way coach do you know that is Dave Godbout's from Barron - son), Schindler, Busby is having a nice year, Hatch is having a good year.  This past weekend they didn't score less than 63 points in a dual.

Menomonie's Sam S"Killings" is having a nice freshman year in the upper weights  - man I'm going to love misusing that name in the years to come.

EC North you have of course Phillips and Carruth,  also little Duerkop ............

Riverfalls - any team coached by Black is going to be fun to watch, there you got Fuller, Williamson,

Memorial you got Smith

Ricelake you got Schmidt

I'm sure I missed a team or some talent, but there something to start some talk and for you guys to chew on.  :)

When I saw the name Godbout, I did wonder if that might be Dave's boy.  Cool! 

Fish,
Gobout is a very good football player and has many D1 schools recruiting him. He has really got big over just the last year. And he has improved a lot from last year to this year on the Wrestling mat. He won't be at 220 next year.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

imnofish

Quote from: The Last Ride on February 02, 2017, 12:09:40 PM
Quote from: imnofish on February 02, 2017, 12:43:00 AM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 30, 2017, 07:24:06 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 29, 2017, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 28, 2017, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 28, 2017, 09:31:35 PM
They must be doing something right (very consistently) in Hudson.  Congrats and good luck!

Once Massie graduated, it just left a vacuum with nothing further to talk about.  We could talk about his Dad and Chetek's glory years, but that would be the HON thread.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trying to stir something, or just reliving your childhood dream of becoming a plumber?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Probably a little of both  ;)

But coach - notice the cause and effect - no Massie the BRC thread turns to crickets!   ;D  

It's not like the BRC doesn't still have it's star power....  

Even a Badger conference fan can see the conference has some of the top talent.

Take Hudson - quietly floating through the year, but not unnoticed by me, they are loaded with talent - two Anderson's, two Fanning's, Godbout (By the way coach do you know that is Dave Godbout's from Barron - son), Schindler, Busby is having a nice year, Hatch is having a good year.  This past weekend they didn't score less than 63 points in a dual.

Menomonie's Sam S"Killings" is having a nice freshman year in the upper weights  - man I'm going to love misusing that name in the years to come.

EC North you have of course Phillips and Carruth,  also little Duerkop ............

Riverfalls - any team coached by Black is going to be fun to watch, there you got Fuller, Williamson,

Memorial you got Smith

Ricelake you got Schmidt

I'm sure I missed a team or some talent, but there something to start some talk and for you guys to chew on.  :)

When I saw the name Godbout, I did wonder if that might be Dave's boy.  Cool!  

Fish,
Gobout is a very good football player and has many D1 schools recruiting him. He has really got big over just the last year. And he has improved a lot from last year to this year on the Wrestling mat. He won't be at 220 next year.

I have heard he's a great athlete.  I coached his father in football, many years ago.  No disrespect to Dave (who had good athleticism), but his boy has surpassed him already.  I'm sure Dave is (rightfully) quite proud of him.  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Nice to be a winner!

Paul Harvey--

BRC champs with an average score of 62.5 to 11.
BRC/D-SC Challenge champs over Team State qualifier SV/E by 84 points.
Regional champs (without Logan Hatch) by 75 points.
St. Croix Falls champs (without Cole Godbout) over #8 Totino-Grace by 32.5.
2nd at Stillwater (without Jake Midby) behind #10 Eagan, a team Hudson split with as Hudson beat them at Lakeville.
2nd at Lakeville behind #2 and still undefeated Scott West.
6th out of 60 at the Bi-State (without Logan Hatch) and 2nd in D1.  Two teams Hudson beat at Bi-State are Team State qualifiers – Holmen and Lodi.
Hudson had two dual losses -- #1 ranked Ellsworth and #7 ranked Hutchinson, who is currently 24-3 in duals.
Hudson beat #5 ranked Marshfield, without Logan Hatch and Zeke Schwarz, who got hurt at Regionals.

Hudson has one blemish on their body of work that apparently your entire spewing of vitriol came from – a 4 point loss to Bay Port.  A dual in which Hudson sent every single JV kid they have to the JV state qualifier, including their JV state champ, who is inserted into Varsity in most tough duals.

Boy, a lot of tough criticism for just the Bay Port dual!

You stated Hudson is going through a cycle?????  What cycle is that?

And now you know...... the rest of the story........

The Last Ride

spewing of vitriol .....  :o :o :o
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Paul Harvey

Quote from: Nice to be a winner! on February 15, 2017, 09:45:22 AM
Paul Harvey--

2nd at Stillwater (without Jake Midby) behind #10 Eagan, a team Hudson split with as Hudson beat them at Lakeville.
6th out of 60 at the Bi-State (without Logan Hatch) and 2nd in D1.  Two teams Hudson beat at Bi-State are Team State qualifiers – Holmen and Lodi.
Hudson had two dual losses -- #1 ranked Ellsworth and #7 ranked Hutchinson, who is currently 24-3 in duals.
Hudson beat #5 ranked Marshfield, without Logan Hatch and Zeke Schwarz, who got hurt at Regionals.

Hudson has one blemish on their body of work that apparently your entire spewing of vitriol came from – a 4 point loss to Bay Port.  A dual in which Hudson sent every single JV kid they have to the JV state qualifier, including their JV state champ, who is inserted into Varsity in most tough duals.

Hmmm, there are only two people on this forum that can or would take the time to cite statistics of this detail...... 8)

I'm impressed but it does not change my mind as to the overall state of the BRC or the theme of my initial post in reference to it.
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey--

Thanks for making my point about the BRC!

Paul Harvey

2015-2016 = Motorcycle
2016-2017 = Bicycle
2017-2018 = Tricycle??? Let's hope not

It's just a Cyclical thing.... ;D

Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey--

You failed to mention that "GRINDER" of a Quad Meet in Mondovi. What were the stats on that one again????

Paul Harvey

I almost forgot this one....

Please tell me that you don't really believe our JV would have made a difference in this match or that their absence was the reason we did not win?

Paul Harvey

All kidding aside,

I am very happy for the Hudson kids and coaches for making another Team State Tournament!

Well done!

Best of Luck this weekend at Individual Sectionals....

Stripes

Oh boy... Here we go... Paul, your perceived weakness in the Brc is based on one fact. That fact is that the second place team wasn't quite as strong this year as normal. The margin of victory in conference duals is the exact same accept that Hudson wasn't pushed by a second place team. Since you're a numbers guy, I'll get the numbers later. 4 seniors in the line up, 4 freshman, 2 sophomores, 7 juniors all with significant varsity time. How short our memories are. Team state qualification was never believed to be within reach and now the Hudson kids made it during their "down" year. I'll take that down year anytime.

Stripes

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 15, 2017, 11:13:25 PM

I almost forgot this one....

Please tell me that you don't really believe our JV would have made a difference in this match or that their absence was the reason we did not win?

Winner wont respond to this but I will. Yes, having 3 JV guys with quality varsity time not being available did cost Hudson the Bay Port dual. Forfeit at 113, no options for movement for Hudson from 138 to 170.

In regards to conference parity, I looked at 10-11, 14-15, 15-16. The average margin of victory was 56-15. How different is that from the 62 -11 margin from this year? Not a statistics guy but that seems to be a fairly small difference. 1 match per dual?  ::) Don't make me call Kensbud76! ;D

Nice to be a winner!

I think what the zebra is trying to say is that your perception has been derived from the fact that this year, there is no 2nd place team. 
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th are the same as always.
The reality is the BRC has rarely been a 3-team race.  But is it always a 2-team race.  This year being the exception.  Menomonie, Chippewa Falls, ECN, etc. have all taken their turns at being the top dog with Hudson. 

Aside from that, things are pretty much the same. 

Spiral Ride just predicted the state qualifiers and he has 11 from our half.  He doesn't list Fanning, Levi Smith, Draveling, Busby, Kamrowski, etc. so there is room for error and still get 11-12.  Truth be told, that is a historically correct number.
So getting 12 state qualifiers plus the Team sectional champs from our half is more of the rule than the exception. 

Paul - I actually think you are correct in your belief. 
But strangely enough, you can't get to that belief through numbers.

Paul Harvey ... Good day!

Paul Harvey

Quote from: Nice to be a winner! on February 16, 2017, 09:48:34 AM

Paul - I actually think you are correct in your belief. 
But strangely enough, you can't get to that belief through numbers.

I guess my data points don't lead to the same conclusion as yours?  ???

Mustang Fan

I liked it better when you Hudson guys had Menononie to pick on and worry about   :-* ....at least I had a horse in the race back then and had allot more fun reading the forums. Good luck to the BRC teams this weekend in River Falls!!