BRC Championship

Started by Dunn County, January 20, 2017, 06:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunn County

Hudson clinched a share of the title last night.

Eau Claire North still has a chance to claim a share with a win next week at home against River Falls and a Hudson loss against Chippewa Falls at Hudson.

Congrats to Hudson for their 3rd straight title and their 11th in the past 15 years.  In the 4 years that Hudson was not champs, they placed 2nd!.

Stripes

No love or discussion in this one. A forgone conclusion I suppose. Congrats!

Harris

imnofish

They must be doing something right (very consistently) in Hudson.  Congrats and good luck!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ElectricGuy

Quote from: imnofish on January 28, 2017, 09:31:35 PM
They must be doing something right (very consistently) in Hudson.  Congrats and good luck!

Once Massie graduated, it just left a vacuum with nothing further to talk about.  We could talk about his Dad and Chetek's glory years, but that would be the HON thread.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

imnofish

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 28, 2017, 10:28:18 PM

Once Massie graduated, it just left a vacuum with nothing further to talk about.  We could talk about his Dad and Chetek's glory years, but that would be the HON thread.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trying to stir something, or just reliving your childhood dream of becoming a plumber?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ElectricGuy

Quote from: imnofish on January 29, 2017, 11:19:16 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Trying to stir something, or just reliving your childhood dream of becoming a plumber?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Probably a little of both  ;)

But coach - notice the cause and effect - no Massie the BRC thread turns to crickets!   ;D 

It's not like the BRC doesn't still have it's star power....   

Even a Badger conference fan can see the conference has some of the top talent.

Take Hudson - quietly floating through the year, but not unnoticed by me, they are loaded with talent - two Anderson's, two Fanning's, Godbout (By the way coach do you know that is Dave Godbout's from Barron - son), Schindler, Busby is having a nice year, Hatch is having a good year.  This past weekend they didn't score less than 63 points in a dual.

Menomonie's Sam S"Killings" is having a nice freshman year in the upper weights  - man I'm going to love misusing that name in the years to come.

EC North you have of course Phillips and Carruth,  also little Duerkop ............

Riverfalls - any team coached by Black is going to be fun to watch, there you got Fuller, Williamson,

Memorial you got Smith

Ricelake you got Schmidt

I'm sure I missed a team or some talent, but there something to start some talk and for you guys to chew on.  :)

Paul Harvey

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 30, 2017, 07:24:06 AM

But coach - notice the cause and effect - no Massie the BRC thread turns to crickets!   ;D 

Take Hudson - quietly floating through the year, but not unnoticed by me, they are loaded with talent - two Anderson's, two Fanning's, Godbout (By the way coach do you know that is Dave Godbout's from Barron - son), Schindler, Busby is having a nice year, Hatch is having a good year.  This past weekend they didn't score less than 63 points in a dual.

Menomonie's Sam S"Killings" is having a nice freshman year in the upper weights  - man I'm going to love misusing that name in the years to come.

EC North you have of course Phillips and Carruth,  also little Duerkop ............

Riverfalls - any team coached by Black is going to be fun to watch, there you got Fuller, Williamson,

Memorial you got Smith

Ricelake you got Schmidt

I'm sure I missed a team or some talent, but there something to start some talk and for you guys to chew on.  :)

I agree the BRC has a number of very talented kids but the conference as a whole is painfully down. In all the years of following the BRC, I am not sure I have witnessed a lower level of competition.

For instance, Hudson crushed everyone in conference duals this season but yet they lost 3 of 4 duals at their own event. The three teams they lost to were very solid teams and the team they beat frankly didn't belong in the same gym. That said, Hudson has a quality team but not nearly as strong as they have been in the past few years. Yes, they did score at least 63 points Friday but in two of the duals they received 9 forfits each. I'm not sure that is a great measuring stick....

No disrespect to the Hudson program as all good programs go through cycles like this eventually. I am a Hudson fan to the bone but IMHO they will need to rise up (and maybe bring along some "smoke and mirrors") if they plan on winning when they face the east regional champ in the sectional final. Good luck boys, I'll be cheering for you!

Here's hoping the BRC returns to a more competitive state......
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

ElectricGuy

Paul H - when did you become such a Hudson hater....  ;)

Yes - Hudson isn't as solid as a year ago, but they still have a pretty good dual team, as you know duals are all about match-ups and some of their loses were just that, not ideal match-ups (very strong lower weights).

I personally see Hudson getting to Team State and facing Kaukana again.  Crazy part is they match-up against Kaukana fairly well, they would have to have everything go right - specifically wins at 195, 220, HWT, but if that were to happen Hudson would be right in that dual.

As for Team sectionals - I don't see a problem for them with SP if that is the team, though I think it will be Marshfield coming out.  Either team though, I see Hudson winning the team sectional. You may say that SP has strong lower weights, which they do - in spades, but from 138 on up it's a screen door on a sub. 

Here is just a quick ballpark back of the napkin guess on both duals.

106   H0-SP3
113   H0-SP9
120   H0-SP15
126   H0-SP18
132   H3-SP18
138   H7-SP18
145   H13-SP18
152   H19-SP18
160   H22-SP18
170   H22-SP21
182   H25-SP21
195   H28-SP21
220   H34-SP21
285   H40-SP21

106   H3-MAR0
113   H3-MAR4
120   H3-MAR8
126   H9-MAR8
132   H12-MAR8
138   H12-MAR11
145   H12-MAR14
152   H18-MAR14
160   H18-MAR20
170   H21-MAR26
182   H24-MAR26
195   H24-MAR29
220   H30-MAR29
285   H36-MAR29

Paul Harvey

Relax EG,

No hate here at all. You may have missed the statement that I am a "Hudson fan to the bone"?

Just a realist and trying to paint a picture based on the reality of what I have seen. My comments were more about how the level of competition in the BRC is leaving a lot more to be desired. I miss the close battles we have had with some of the other BRC schools.

I agree that Hudson has a shot at making Team State but I believe some things will need to go their way for this to happen. I hope they do it and will be cheering for them as they try.

The Last Ride

Anything close and I give the edge to Hudson coaches.. Hudson's first trip to team state in 2011 with a 36-33 win over 3rd ranked WW was a thing of beauty.  Hudson may have been ranked HM that year.  They had every kid on that team believe they were going to win and got the matchups to pull it off.. Down 30-12 and came back to win 36-33..
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

ElectricGuy

Paul - Relax?   I know your a Hudson fan - I was joking with you,  geesh..  Thus the  ;) at the end of my line.

I know sarcasm doesn't come across sometimes online, but geesh

Paul Harvey

Quote from: The Last Ride on February 01, 2017, 05:54:04 PM
Anything close and I give the edge to Hudson coaches.. Hudson's first trip to team state in 2011 with a 36-33 win over 3rd ranked WW was a thing of beauty.  Hudson may have been ranked HM that year.  They had every kid on that team believe they were going to win and got the matchups to pull it off.. Down 30-12 and came back to win 36-33..

+1

Paul Harvey

Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 01, 2017, 07:56:39 PM
Paul - Relax?   I know your a Hudson fan - I was joking with you,  geesh..  Thus the  ;) at the end of my line.

I know sarcasm doesn't come across sometimes online, but geesh

No worries, just don't want any assumptions that I am hating on anyone or any program.

Good Luck Raider Wrestlers!

imnofish

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 30, 2017, 07:24:06 AM

Memorial you got Smith

Ricelake you got Schmidt

When I saw the name Godbout, I did wonder if that might be Dave's boy.  Cool!