NCAAs

Started by wrastle63, January 18, 2017, 12:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Any predictions for how many qualifiers we are going to get? I know lots of wrestling to do yet.

gwmiller44

Really? Think, Wow!

Barou

JHI Mafia

leg turk

wrastle63

Quote from: gwmiller44 on January 18, 2017, 12:17:29 PM
lol In the latest rankings we have 8 ranked in the top 25. Stickley and Ruschell are the ones not ranked. They both have some good wins. I know it comes down to allocations and the Big Ten tourney.

Who do you think doesn't make it?

gwmiller44

They take the top 6 or 7 from the big ten with auto bids right? I only see 2 in the top 3, It will be tough for the rest.
Really? Think, Wow!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

It used to be top 7 auto bids, now it varies by the strength of each weight class.

It has ranged from 5 to 11 or 12  in the last few years, but usually  between 6 - 8.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrastle63

Plus there are the wild cards who can get in as well.

Ghetto

3? Common man! Drink a little red Kool-aid. It'll make you feel a whole lot better.

I'm gonna say 8 if Ritter is healthy.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

A lot of guys will be right on the border of the allocations and will come down to the draw and likely one match.  Win that match and you qualify, lose and you don't
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 18, 2017, 04:03:30 PM
I will say 6 will go. Although I'm sketchy on 2 of them and that is Martin and JJ. Depending on the conference outcome. The obvious 2, RR, and Stickley. If these 6 go then I have a good chance of losing that 100 dollars. Rutgers will probably have 5 and there top 2 could possibly keep up with Wisconsin's top 2. I'm counting on Rutger's supporting cast to do better than Wisconsin's.
Rooting for Rutgers then?  :)

dad 2 5

This is a tough year. Hoping the B1G  get big allotments. The way I figure it the Badgers have 2;3;5;6; seed (all should make it) and than it get dicey. 3 - 7 seeds and 3 - 8 seeds. I could see several coming out of there but in all fairness to TOM - 10 baby!

I need to see some more wrestling and get a better feel for how may allotments before making a call

Numbers

Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 18, 2017, 05:50:35 PM
I could see several coming out of there but in all fairness to TOM - 10 baby!

While not probable (or even likely), as of January 18th, having 10 qualifiers is still possible.  That has been out of the question by January 1st most years.  JJ coming out of redshirt makes it possible IMO.  If the starters stay healthy, the glass is half full.  May need a mild on-paper upset at the Big Ten Tournament for 133 to auto qualify?

wrastle63

Completely agree. Last year it was hoping we could get half the team. This year we have a realistic shot at all of them but like you said not likely. Hoping that after PSU and Iowa we can get on a roll as a team.

Micah

To early to tell without seeing the brackets and knowing the allotments.  A good over/under I think is 6.5

I was looking at 165 and the top 4 are all from the B10.  I don't see them getting seeded 1-4 so placing high at B10s could be very important.  What are the most consecutive seeds in a row from the same conference starting from the 1 seed?  At 125 last year did the B10 go 1,2,3 or was Dance in there?