Nebraska 1-13-17

Started by ankle pick, January 10, 2017, 07:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 14, 2017, 07:29:30 AM
Quote from: Musky Hunter on January 13, 2017, 09:17:23 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on January 13, 2017, 08:16:16 PM
This may rub some people the wrong way but there just is a wrestling style problem for UW or something.  Other teams score and run up the score against us and create some excitement and bonus points.  Jordan can be right up there with one of the most boring wrestlers. Howe was similar.  Win a lot but not very much exciting scoring power.

Crone is exciting.  We need to recruit guys that can score and push to take chances so they can win matches but also score big and pull off upsets.  

Is this just the philosophy of Barry Davis? Takedowns seem tough to come by

Zeke was 29-1 finishing 2nd in the nation.  If that is boring I will take boring all day long.  So you would rather have Crone?  Maybe edit what you wrote.  

Also they did have the up tempo kid in RT and he did not stay healthy.  Connor is in between.  I would take all three on my team.  
Why would Doc edit what he wrote when he was speaking the truth!?  You should be editing what you wrote.  Talking about last year stuff and referring to a guy that hasn't wrestled in almost 2 years. You said you would take all 3 of the guys you mentioned, but what about the 7 other weights!? I take it that your Badger love has you bla bla bla blinded! The issue is the team sucks as a whole and the top 2 individuals will not save the Badger program! Because they can't, because it is a staff issue!
Yea they suck. They are ranked #12 in the nation. They lost to one of the best teams in the nation. Did they look good? No.

empty99

Medberry and Zeke were competitive right from the start. Both did well at midlands in their true freshman year. We just are not getting those types of recruits, and the future doesn't look bright from the developing average talent side either. Imagine attendance with MSU type seasons. Is this where we are heading?

wrastle63

Quote from: empty99 on January 14, 2017, 09:26:02 PM
Medberry and Zeke were competitive right from the start. Both did well at midlands in their true freshman year. We just are not getting those types of recruits, and the future doesn't look bright from the developing average talent side either. Imagine attendance with MSU type seasons. Is this where we are heading?
MSU has 1 ranked wrestler even without Jordan and Medberry we have 4 who will all be back next year. We are getting good recruits look at the Wicks brothers, Konrath, Covaciu, and Hilger. All highly ranked recruits. Evan took 4th as a true freshman. So???

Ghetto

Wow. Let's pump the brakes a bit. MSU type seasons?

The Wicks are both gonna be AAs in their career for sure. You can put that in stone.

Crone was never on the national radar and is going to possibly make the NCAA tournament.

Jimenez just blasted the #3 guy in the nation. He did get beat by Lambert. Who is top 10.

Eli Stickley has put himself on the map, and so has Cole Martin. 157 is a weight where they are trying to find the guy. I am pretty sure Ruschell is injured.

Some folks have clearly forgotten a few years ago.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Musky Hunter

Keep it going Badgers!!!!

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 15, 2017, 12:30:30 AM
Wrastle63 I see you get silent when reality slaps you in the face and reminds you how bad the Badgers are! Now you are trying to convince us that they are a contender!  You really don't know what you are talking about! It's brutal watching you and the other delusionals posting false statements! Please quit it!
Sorry I have a thing called a life. Contenders for what? Are they going to win a trophy at NCAAS? No. Win big tens? No. But they don't suck.
Your like a middle school bully who thinks he's so tough. If you hate the Badgers so much then get off.

badgerjohn

Quote from: Ghetto on January 14, 2017, 10:00:03 PM
Wow. Let's pump the brakes a bit. MSU type seasons?

The Wicks are both gonna be AAs in their career for sure. You can put that in stone.

Crone was never on the national radar and is going to possibly make the NCAA tournament.

Jimenez just blasted the #3 guy in the nation. He did get beat by Lambert. Who is top 10.

Eli Stickley has put himself on the map, and so has Cole Martin. 157 is a weight where they are trying to find the guy. I am pretty sure Ruschell is injured.

Some folks have clearly forgotten a few years ago.

A voice of reason ^^
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

wrastle63

We all want a contender. How am I blinded? I gave you facts. They won't win a trophy but they will be a top 15 team. That means they don't suck like you say. The UW is on the rise. If you can't see that you are the one blinded. They are by no means perfect(attemdance, coaching, etc) but they are getting better(recruits, development, social media, depth of team).

leg turk

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 15, 2017, 11:01:50 AM
We all want a contender. How am I blinded? I gave you facts. They won't win a trophy but they will be a top 15 team. That means they don't suck like you say. The UW is on the rise. If you can't see that you are the one blinded. They are by no means perfect(attemdance, coaching, etc) but they are getting better(recruits, development, social media, depth of team).

No disrespect, but the Badgers are not on the rise.  They are, and will continue to be, mediocre at best, as long as Barry is in charge.  If you guys are ok with the team finishing 15th in the country, and 7th in the Big Tens, well then, they are right on track.  I for one would love to see us around 4th-8th in the country, and 3rd at Big Tens consistently, that could be doable, but not with Barry behind the wheel.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 15, 2017, 11:37:31 AM
Quote from: leg turk on January 15, 2017, 11:22:11 AM

No disrespect, but the Badgers are not on the rise.  They are, and will continue to be, mediocre at best, as long as Barry is in charge.  If you guys are ok with the team finishing 15th in the country, and 7th in the Big Tens, well then, they are right on track.  I for one would love to see us around 4th-8th in the country, and 3rd at Big Tens consistently, that could be doable, but not with Barry behind the wheel.
YESSSSS! And you are not disrespecting anyone Turk! You are being realistic and it's good on your heart and mind to be this way! Wisconsin needs a new captain!

Maybe you should apply! What were your coaching record/credentials?

wrastle63

YESSSSS! And you are not disrespecting anyone Turk! You are being realistic and it's good on your heart and mind to be this way! Wisconsin needs a new captain!
Knight since you believe in flowrestling so much. Here are some facts. Wisconsin IS on the rise. Past recruiting rankings from flowrestling as a team- NR, 20, NR, NR, 14, 18. 2 ranked classes in a row which is why we have better depth. Our finishes at Big Tens- 12, 10, 7, 8, and 8. Our finishes at NCAAs- 41, 27, 16, 17, and 23. Flowrestling.org has us ranked at #12. Which would put us 7th in Big Tens. Illinois is ahead of us which I don't see anyway they place ahead of us because they don't have as solid a roster as we do. We will be top 6 in Big Tens and top 15 in NCAAS. Am I happy with that? No. But we are on the rise. 

Barou

Exactly! Most of us understand that we can't be ok st or Iowa but is it not realistic to be like Missouri, Cornell, etc and on the rise like nc state and va tech? Never, not one time during Barry's tenure has he fielded a team that was even in the conversation for a national title. Not once! This is a peak year for bd and they might finish 8th probably finish 13th. Might have 3 aa's probably 2. Could have two national finalists probably 1. Thinking medberry is a 2nd and Jordan a 4th. Next year uw will be back to Davis' average place 18th.

This might be Barry's best team and this is a down year for Minnesota with an interim head coach and uw may still lose.

Doesn't really matter because Alvarez doesn't care. I for one think uw wrestling has great potential and would be a very appealing position. Reality is it is Davis' job as long as he wants it.
JHI Mafia

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 15, 2017, 12:00:06 PM

Knight since you believe in flowrestling so much. Here are some facts. Wisconsin IS on the rise. Past recruiting rankings from flowrestling as a team- NR, 20, NR, NR, 14, 18. 2 ranked classes in a row which is why we have better depth. Our finishes at Big Tens- 12, 10, 7, 8, and 8. Our finishes at NCAAs- 41, 27, 16, 17, and 23. Flowrestling.org has us ranked at #12. Which would put us 7th in Big Tens. Illinois is ahead of us which I don't see anyway they place ahead of us because they don't have as solid a roster as we do. We will be top 6 in Big Tens and top 15 in NCAAS. Am I happy with that? No. But we are on the rise. 

Based on What? Recruiting class don't always equal on the rise!! The results you post look pretty stagnate to me

dad 2 5

I look at this weekend like this. We pulled off couple wins we were down and to get a third would have been asking a lot. I think the Badgers are improving and there is a lot to look forward to this year. I of course would like the Badgers to win and become dominate but that most likely not going to happen. What can happen is we can continue to have a couple AA a year and be in the running for a champion (Medberry and Zeke this year)

wrastle63

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 15, 2017, 04:22:09 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 15, 2017, 01:53:54 PM
I look at this weekend like this. We pulled off couple wins we were down and to get a third would have been asking a lot. I think the Badgers are improving and there is a lot to look forward to this year. I of course would like the Badgers to win and become dominate but that most likely not going to happen. What can happen is we can continue to have a couple AA a year and be in the running for a champion (Medberry and Zeke this year)
This is typical Badger love blinding fans! So used to losing that they are willing to be this bad! Everyone read this and think about it without coming up with some crazy excuse!  ::)
Where was the excuse? He said they lost. Lol