Badgers bring Jimenez out of redshirt | Badgers shake it up to duel Buckeyes

Started by TomM, January 05, 2017, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

wrastle63

stbird

bigG

Maybe these glimpses of greatness prompted all this. Strike while the iron's hot, maybe. JJ most-improved, so far, IMHO. We'll see. Hopes to see more, though!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

He has a tough weekend though. He has Lambert from Nebraska and Lizak from Minnesota. If Johnny goes 2-0 your looking at a very high seed at BIG Tens. Both will be tough matches though.

bigG

Yeah, but he does look to be peaking at the time. He's really looked like he's at another level. Great to see this kind of growth. Kinda goin' for it. Hope he gets it. I'm excited for him. Hard enough to bear the brunt; but he's coming along really well. Something for Badger fans to get jacked about. I think if he wins one of the these matches; he'll be looking good. Sure has shown he can hang with the big guys, though. Be fun to watch.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on January 10, 2017, 08:44:33 AM
Yeah, but he does look to be peaking at the time. He's really looked like he's at another level. Great to see this kind of growth. Kinda goin' for it. Hope he gets it. I'm excited for him. Hard enough to bear the brunt; but he's coming along really well. Something for Badger fans to get jacked about. I think if he wins one of the these matches; he'll be looking good. Sure has shown he can hang with the big guys, though. Be fun to watch.
But Wisconsin wrestlers don't get better. Don't you remember bigG?

Jimmy

Lantz beat lambert at university nationals. IMO jj has an excellent chance to also! And yes I know they are different styles.

npope

Okay, I know that rankings don't matter for much of anything (at this point of the season) but this week's Intermat rankings came out and JJ is #20 and Jose Rodriguez from tOSU (the guy JJ just destroyed by a major decision this past weekend) is at #12 (he dropped about three spots). The guy doing the rankings really needs to get his head out of his butt.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 10, 2017, 11:56:58 AM

No. Quote where I said that.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on January 11, 2017, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on January 10, 2017, 11:56:58 AM

No. Quote where I said that.
I am being sarcastic. Knight says that Wisconsin wrestlers don't develop. Pretty obvious to see the growth of the kids on the team this year.

bigG

Maybe he was just alluding to our lack of "next level" development. Howe was our last national brute. Hopefully Zeke is our next champ. Even though Howe was predictable; he did keep pressure on. Jordan should do just fine. Seems the longer the season rolls on, the tougher that weight is looking for Zeke.

If you have an issue with Knight, why ya gotta quote me and ask if I remember something I didn't say? Don't throw me in the middle of your bicker with Knight. I think you're both good folks; but stir the turd on your own dime. Figuratively, of course.

OneEyedFatMan

Zeke isn't wrestling well now, true dat....but he's a gamer. I'm optimistic for him now....maybe the weight cut is dragging him down but he'll get that second wind.

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 11, 2017, 05:04:08 PM
BigG you are very correct in the reference to the "next level" development! Sure some of these guys have done some improving over these last 20 years, but the majority don't make next level changes.  As I mentioned before that I don't think the athletes are bad, I think the staff is doing a luke warm job. And I'm saying this nicely.  As far as Zeke though, I don't think he medals as high as he did last year. I feel he won't make it pass any of these guys if they are on his side of the bracket. (Logan Massa, Chandler Rogers, Anthony Valencia, Vincenzo Joseph). If he falls in rankings after the Big 10s and lands on IMAR's side then he most definitely won't do as good!
Wrasstle63 is trying to get as many people as possible on his side, so he doesn't look so delusional!  ;D Wrassle63 you don't want to forum box with me by yourself, because I've already KO'd you or you have KO'd yourself with those delusional positive-negative or negative-positive comments.  C'mon man!
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

OneEyedFatMan

Workin a butt-load of OT...will drop in soon tho!
Kind of bummed about the number of our guys weighing in for these tournaments.....

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 11, 2017, 05:13:38 PM
Quote from: OneEyedFatMan on January 11, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
Zeke isn't wrestling well now, true dat....but he's a gamer. I'm optimistic for him now....maybe the weight cut is dragging him down but he'll get that second wind.

Quote from: knight/purgolder on January 11, 2017, 05:04:08 PM
BigG you are very correct in the reference to the "next level" development! Sure some of these guys have done some improving over these last 20 years, but the majority don't make next level changes.  As I mentioned before that I don't think the athletes are bad, I think the staff is doing a luke warm job. And I'm saying this nicely.  As far as Zeke though, I don't think he medals as high as he did last year. I feel he won't make it pass any of these guys if they are on his side of the bracket. (Logan Massa, Chandler Rogers, Anthony Valencia, Vincenzo Joseph). If he falls in rankings after the Big 10s and lands on IMAR's side then he most definitely won't do as good!
Wrasstle63 is trying to get as many people as possible on his side, so he doesn't look so delusional!  ;D Wrassle63 you don't want to forum box with me by yourself, because I've already KO'd you or you have KO'd yourself with those delusional positive-negative or negative-positive comments.  C'mon man!
What's up brotha!? You checked out practices or matches?
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"