Badgers bring Jimenez out of redshirt | Badgers shake it up to duel Buckeyes

Started by TomM, January 05, 2017, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 05, 2017, 11:22:50 AM
IMO the difference is pretty big. The match was close between them but that is because they practice all the time. I don't think Jens would be borderline nationals whereas JJ is already ranked after 1 tourney.

That couple of point margin of victory differential was about the same as when they wrestled in HS. So, I don't see that differential having changed very much over time. Will JJ have a lot more success in the line up? Guess we'll see, but he was about .500 last year, wasn't he?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrastle63

Jimenez was 18-15. Lantz is under 500 this year. The margin of victory between the wrestlers isn't what matters. What matters is who wins more matches for the Badgers.

NoFear

I wish my kid wrestled for the badgers. It would be awesome when the plan changes from week to week.

mkm13

Hard to be too critical unless you know the entire story.  Did Lantz get hurt?  Did Jimenez decide he didn't want to redshirt anymore?  Is he on pace to graduate in 4 years?  I have no idea, and I don't think anyone else that has decided to be negative does either. 

I hope he ends up having a good year. 

Jimmy

Does this make jj a jr. Athletically? Even tho it is two half seasons and one full one

NoFear

There isn't any half seasons if you wrestle varsity matches under the team you lose a season of eligibility.

scfcat

wrastle63

Could Badgers have Konrath coming in who is supposed to be pretty good.

Big Steve

Quote from: NoFear on January 05, 2017, 02:11:38 PM
I wish my kid wrestled for the badgers. It would be awesome when the plan changes from week to week.

I bet you would be really excited to have your kid wrestle for Ohio State or Oklahoma State because they have pulled plenty of redshirt wrestlers as well.

DocWrestling

This had to be a JJ decision.  No way the coaches made him do this.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

leg turk

Quote from: DocWrestling on January 06, 2017, 09:03:20 AM
This had to be a JJ decision.  No way the coaches made him do this.

I agree, Barry Davis wouldn't make him do this.

Ghetto

Pulling a red-shirt is nothing. Programs do it all the time. Penn State at some point this season will pull Mark Hall's, and they don't need to in order to win a national title.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Barou

Quote from: Ghetto on January 06, 2017, 09:49:29 AM
Pulling a red-shirt is nothing. Programs do it all the time. Penn State at some point this season will pull Mark Hall's, and they don't need to in order to win a national title.

I'll put a wager on that.  Hall's RS won't get pulled. 
JHI Mafia

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Barou

JHI Mafia