Team of the Week and Wrestler of the Week

Started by nutman, December 19, 2016, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutman

The forum is something I enjoy reading.  I mostly enjoy it in a way similarly to reading the sports page.  Once in awhile debates are interesting, but negativity gets old.    In addition to the rankings each week, I motion we have a wiwrestling.com wrestler of the week and a wiwerestling.com team of the week.  Maybe the ranking committee wouldn't be interested in doing this, but the burden would be on the posters to nominate the team or individual with a rationale.  The committee would then vote for that as well.

With that said, my nomination for the week to the ranking committee is Dennis Hall for his great career and a final run at the US Open (placing his shoes in the center at the conclusion) and the team of the week nomination would be Stoughton for cracking the Top 40 nationally.  There are many others deserving, but I thought I'd throw this out for consideration.  Many of you could do this anonymously. 

Other individuals I considered were Cole Martin for his overall success this past month, Connor Medberry -well just because,  and Truck Hannah for doing well as a freshman at an upper weight.
Other teams I would consider would be UW-Platteville and UW- Badgers for big wins.

What do you think Ranking Committee?

Thanks for considering!

aarons23

Great idea Nutman...anytime we can stir up some excitement for those in our sport we should.  I would agree with all three of your nominations for wrestler of the week.  Team of the week I cant disagree with the logic behind Stoughton.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

MARSHDOC

kmoc33

I second Stuhl. Impressive winning the MN Christmas tourney. And a big win over nationally ranked kid in Jones.

littleguy301

sam stuhl as wrestler of the week

Kaukauna as the team of the week

how about that!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Hall - he gave all of us old farts one more hope :)

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on December 19, 2016, 08:03:50 PM

I like the Hall comment. I am sure he has had many glory days in the past 3-4 decades and maybe life time award for him!!!!!!

Havent got to see his matches. hats off for winning a couple against wrestlers that probablly were not born when he hit the national circuit ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 19, 2016, 08:05:44 PM
Quote from: bigoil on December 19, 2016, 08:03:50 PM

I like the Hall comment. I am sure he has had many glory days in the past 3-4 decades and maybe life time award for him!!!!!!

Havent got to see his matches. hats off for winning a couple against wrestlers that probablly were not born when he hit the national circuit ;D

X2 I was thinking the same thing and seeing that video of him leaving his shoes in the middle of the mat was sad and uplifting all at the same time. His continuing contributions to the sport is just outstanding.

bigG

+1 Dennis has been a WI wrestling icon since his high school days. Love everything he's done and is a state wrestling treasure.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

Great idea Nutman!!  Maybe take nominations today, and set up a poll tomorrow for Wrestler of the Week and Team of the Week.

nutman

THANKS HOUND... The local papers might pick it up too...like they do with the rankings. I like the poll.   Can we do it today before the week runs out?

ElectricGuy

By the way Nut - great idea!

I was getting tired of the negative other threads..   I created two polls off your idea.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

nutman

Can't argue with the Stuhl nomination.  That is a big win over the ranked Gopher commit and multiple time MN state champ and Fargo All-American.

aarons23

Quote from: nutman on December 20, 2016, 10:44:20 AM
Can't argue with the Stuhl nomination.  That is a big win over the ranked Gopher commit and multiple time MN state champ and Fargo All-American.

I don't think you can argue any of those mentioned...all are great accomplishments and this is a great way to let us know what wrestlers are accomplishing.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.