Filling WI Weight Classes: The Data

Started by Handles II, December 15, 2016, 08:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Quote from: whatever on February 16, 2017, 07:32:12 PM
You may be right .

My only thought is that smaller schools who face bigger challenges with numbers are more likely to get dropped completely.

I think programs getting cut is much worse than some kids having to face stiffer competition to earn a spot on varsity.

AMEN to that.

ramjet

Quote from: padre on February 16, 2017, 07:00:36 PM
Not going to read all the pages as Ive seen it every year.....however take this into consideration.

This year I had 32 kids come out in junior high....30 have stuck with it.

This week...which would be regionals week for high school we attended two meets.   I had 16 and 13 kids...grades, injuries, illness all contributed.  Same goes on at the high school level.  Just saying...you can look at numbers any way you want to benefit your argument.   I could say "WOW...I had 32 kids go out!!!" and the nay sayers can say "WOW...you only had 13 kids at the last meet!!!"

What? you had kids not wrestle sectionals because of a grade issue? You enforced a rule and took away an opportunity for that kid? What?????? Enforcing a rule and taking away nd opportunity for that kid?????WOW
::)

MNbadger

You are comparing a rule infraction the student had control over (grades) vs a rule infraction they did not have control over.
Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
Quote from: padre on February 16, 2017, 07:00:36 PM
Not going to read all the pages as Ive seen it every year.....however take this into consideration.

This year I had 32 kids come out in junior high....30 have stuck with it.

This week...which would be regionals week for high school we attended two meets.   I had 16 and 13 kids...grades, injuries, illness all contributed.  Same goes on at the high school level.  Just saying...you can look at numbers any way you want to benefit your argument.   I could say "WOW...I had 32 kids go out!!!" and the nay sayers can say "WOW...you only had 13 kids at the last meet!!!"

What? you had kids not wrestle sectionals because of a grade issue? You enforced a rule and took away an opportunity for that kid? What?????? Enforcing a rule and taking away nd opportunity for that kid?????WOW
::)
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ghetto

Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 09:16:46 AM
You may be right .

My only thought is that smaller schools who face bigger challenges with numbers are more likely to get dropped completely.

I think programs getting cut is much worse than some kids having to face stiffer competition to earn a spot on varsity.

AMEN to that.

Glad to see you finally coming around Ram. So 12 weights or 13? 11?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on February 17, 2017, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: ramjet on February 17, 2017, 09:16:46 AM
You may be right .

AMEN to that.

Glad to see you finally coming around Ram. So 12 weights or 13? 11?

I will admit I a softening to the idea as long as it is implemented with some of the other excellent ideas concurrently.

millert

I did this same study back in 2006.  Coaches Association discussed this topic for years to no avail.  14 weights has gotta go. 
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy