UW vs Duke

Started by bkraus, November 18, 2016, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherofagoodwrestler

Some talk it might be B.Stone at heavyweight instead of Medberry . it is Stone

brotherofagoodwrestler

Stone rolls through the headlock attempt by Casper and pins the 16th ranked heavyweight!

brotherofagoodwrestler

Jens Lantz wrestles a scoreless first chooses down to start the 2nd

brotherofagoodwrestler

2-2 after 2nd atkins choice

brotherofagoodwrestler

Harris

Ben Stone!  He looked strong at the Open tournament a few weeks ago.  Very happy for him.

Numbers

Put the Crone match down for the 2016-2017 Badger highlight film.  Duke needing a pin in the last match of the night to win the dual has Crone stuffed tight on his back for the last 45 seconds of the first period yet the match somehow  :o reached the second period with Crone down like 8-0.  Then in the last minute of the match, Andrew hits a takedown to the back for 6 and the win. 

jets152

My thoughts on the dual tonight:

157: Quintanilla looked pretty tough...until he didn't. Hard loss to take, hopefully it lights a fire
165: Jordan looked exactly how you would want him to look. Dominant.
174: Christensen seemed to get sharper as the match went on; I hope the cut to 174 suits him well
184: From what I could tell, Ritter ran out of gas (the feed on my computer wasn't too strong at this point though, so I didn't get to see much of this match)
197: Robertson looked slick, had great control of his body at this weight. I hope he has the kind of success this year that will help everybody forget about last year
285: I was disappointed when they didn't put Medbery out (anyone know why they didnt?), but I am extremely happy for Stone--fun win to watch!
125: Hoping the cut to 125 is not too much for Lantz, too soon to say for certain
133: Stickley's opponent looked pretty slippery, Stickley looked tough on top
141: Martin was outgunned from the beginning. 141 might be in for a tough year this year for Bucky
149: I nearly threw my computer out the window when Crone was on his back. Was cheering pretty loudly when he made his comeback!
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

Harris

jets152

Harris

Thanks.  Can't wait to see how he wrestles down the stretch.  Seems like a great young man with a strong work ethic.

Drop Step

Luke Rohw wrestled 141 tonight

jets152

Quote from: Drop Step on November 18, 2016, 09:34:22 PM
Luke Rohw wrestled 141 tonight

And that is why I can't be trusted with much. I went with what the commentators were saying. Sorry

dad 2 5

Impressive Stone! and got to love Crone wrestling to the end of each match!

bkraus

I was impressed that through the first five matches UW got the opening points.  Was very disappointed in the Quintanilla finish.  He dominated the first 5 minutes.  Why go upper body?  It could have cost the dual.  Richardson and Robertson look fantastic at their new weights.  I hope they can keep this up. 

I know it was a Duke broadcast, but the announcers actually made a reference that Medberry was ducking Duke.  Are you serious?  Medberry is the #2 ranked HWT in the country.  He is not ducking anyone!  Glad Stone was able to pick up not only the win, but a pin after they said that. 

What more can be said about Andrew Crone?  WOW does that kid wrestle all 7 minutes.  And what a back arch.  As soon as he got through that first period I had an inkling that he was going to pull it out somehow. In my opinion that was a takedown in the third.  The official gave that same takedown two or three times earlier in the dual.  Why was it overturned there? 

The stalling calls at 125 left me scratching my head.  Both times it was Lantz defending when he got dinged and it created a situation where he had to press the issue and got scored on.  In a tight one like that I alright with the warning, but let the kids decide it.

All in all, solid first dual.  Good win that they should have gotten.
Strive for Perfection