From Ohio State Twitter

Started by H. Hogan, November 17, 2016, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H. Hogan

Ohio State Wrestling
‏@wrestlingbucks   
What's better than one Koontz brother? How about two! Welcome to the #Buckeye wrestling family, Brady and Dylan Koontz. #GoBucks

Ghetto

Wow. That's interesting. Ohio State.

I thought they were more greco focused.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

Congrats to them and good luck in Columbus.
Strive for Perfection

npope

Quote from: getyourpoints on November 17, 2016, 02:43:03 PM
No wonder we struggle, denial.

Silly talk but not willing to do the real research, I am more then willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Any one up For a wager?

Sorry Koontz boys that these clowns hi-jacked your great news.

What in the heck are you talking about?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Barou

Congratulations Koontz boys.  You made a great decision.  Ohio State wrestling is first class.
JHI Mafia

bigoil

One would assume that Fritz had a huge part in their attraction to tOSU and also bringing their accomplishments to the staff.

woody53

Quote from: bigoil on November 18, 2016, 07:33:50 AM
One would assume that Fritz had a huge part in their attraction to tOSU and also bringing their accomplishments to the staff.

Ding Ding Ding
Right abservation.

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

mkm13

Ohio State also just got the Decatur brothers to commit who will  likely be 125 and 133 in college. They are both elite recruits.

Based on that, I will be curious how wrestling at Ohio State will go for the Koontz brothers, if their intent is to potentially start and get scholarship money.

j546

Quote from: mkm13 on November 24, 2016, 10:02:13 AM
Ohio State also just got the Decatur brothers to commit who will  likely be 125 and 133 in college. They are both elite recruits.

Based on that, I will be curious how wrestling at Ohio State will go for the Koontz brothers, if their intent is to potentially start and get scholarship money.

Ohio State actually sees Jordan Decatur as a potential 141#.  He is only a high school sophomore currently at 120#.  His smaller brother may not be as talented (yet).  Also heard Ohio State knew the Koontz boys were seriously considering Navy. One of the sticking points was Ohio State didn't have the same type of Greco opportunities. Within the past few weeks, Tom Ryan approached Justin Lester about joining their RTC staff to accommodate the Koontz twins.  Ryan told them we'll add Lester to the staff for you and we'll start a Greco program here at the RTC around you.  They are Ohio State after all. I guess they have the resources to do such things.

DarkKnight

Great news, great young men. They are both definitely in the top 10 among current Wisconsin high school wrestlers.

mkm13

You are right, he is only a sophomore at 120. Since he is so young, it is impossible to say what weight he will be, but 133 or 141 seems likely.  With OSU having 2 highly recruited freshman  (Rodriguez and Pletcher) seemingly set to start for 4 years, it is interesting they would bring in a Greco coach to accommodate the Koontz twins. As all UW fans should know after Thielke, the transition from Greco to folkstyle is extremely tough, especially at the lighter weights.

Hope they are able to find success there.

bman

First of all, Rodriguez was redshirted last season, and is a rs freshmen this year.  Pletecher is a true freshmen that is red shirting and is expected to back up Tomasello next season.  Rodriguez was at 133 last season and is really having to work to make 125. Currently, tOSU has no other 125# wrestlers on their roster.  I will confirm that the recruiting of Harry Lester for their RTC was indeed done very recently to accommodate Brady and Dylan.  The lack of productivity at Wisconsin with Thielke I don't believe was due to the transition from Greco to folkstyle etc. No knock on Jessie at all. Awesome wrestler, but my belief is (outside observer view-so I am not claiming to to have the answers) he was certainly capable of doing quite well with the Badgers, and capable of winning an NCAA title, but there may have been more to it than that.
Remember, Sam Hazewinkel couldn't make the World Team in Greco, so he switched to Freestyle and beat the current World 5th placer in the 2012 Olympic Trials (who earlier beat the defending Gold Medalist) to make the Olympic Team. What about that transition?  Either way, it's just wrestling, and it's about, do you want it bad enough?  And, are you willing to work for it.

woody53

You can recruit all you want. Give the individual everything. It is up to them to perform.
Truth !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!