Sauer Kraut stuffed Hungarian Peppers

Started by ramjet, August 19, 2016, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Going to stuff some Hungarian Peppers with Sauer Kraut and pickle them this weekend YUM YUM YUM  ;D

bigG

Never had them. By Hungarian peppers, so you mean the hot yellow ones?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Banana peppers hot version but really pretty mild by my standards.... ;D

bigG

I love those. Habanero is my personal fave. Little small to stuff, though.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on August 22, 2016, 12:11:33 PM
I love those. Habanero is my personal fave. Little small to stuff, though.

Habenaroes are great roasted on the grill!

MarkK

sounds good ram.  BTW, is that homemade sauerkraut or store bought.  I've been fermenting my own and prefer it over the store bought.  I like it a little more crunchy
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigG

I get a mason jar every few months from a student's mom. hard to beat homemade. I'm a crunch man, too, Mark.

I don't know of a bad roasted pepper.

One of my bucket list "items to prepare" is ajvar (roasted pepper and eggplant bread spread). The perfect complement to bread.

ramjet

Quote from: MarkK on August 23, 2016, 09:11:32 AM
sounds good ram.  BTW, is that homemade sauerkraut or store bought.  I've been fermenting my own and prefer it over the store bought.  I like it a little more crunchy

It is not homemade I nice scored a huge crock and gave it to and old timer who made his own. He was just static and kept me in the delicious fare. U fortunately time caught up with him and the crock disappeared. Maybe some day so for now Frank's is what I use.

bigG

I usually drain the store bought kind. I like "sour" but in smaller doses.

This weekend I want to make homemade gyros meat with the lamb I got. maybe, instead of thin-sliced onions, I should use some kraut. JK. I'm good with onion, tomato and tzatziki.