Meskousing Wrestling Dual Team Registration Open Now

Started by babywhales, August 19, 2016, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhales

We are pleased to announce the creation of a  Dual Team comprised of wrestlers mostly from the Greater Columbia and Sauk County Area - Meskousing Wrestling.  This is an opportunity for area wrestlers to compete on a 6th – 8th grade traveling dual team who currently may not be part of a local or private club providing that same opportunity.  At this time the dual team schedule will run from December to January through Wisconsin for the 2016-2017 season, including 3 duals and 1 individual tournament.

Wrestle for your local club during the season and travel Wisconsin with other area wrestlers against some of the best wrestlers in the State of Wisconsin.  

In all the team would need a minimum of 14 wrestlers for a complete team.  In the short time registration has been open we have received interest from 10 Central Wisconsin wrestlers who compete at the State Champion/Placer level.  

We will collect registration forms through September 4.  

Please go to our facebook site @MeskousingWrestling to take a look and register if interested via the google document pinned to the top of the page.

babywhales

Although we are looking for competition at all the weights and no spots are finalized we do not have anyone registered to date at  70,80, and 125.  If you are interested in gaining experience in a dual Team format and going up against some of the better competition in the State of Wisconsin please look us up at our Facebook Page and considering registering for the 2016/2017 Meskousing Dual Team.

babywhales

Registrations keep on coming in, thank you for all the interest.

I have received some questions:

1- A wrestler does not have to be from Columbia or Sauk County to be on the team.  If you are willing to travel,  we are willing to give you a shot at earning a team spot. Columbia and Sauk county is simply where the majority of the wrestlers are from.  When we hold the clinics prior to the Duals they are tentatively scheduled for Lodi.  Feel free to register regardless of your location.

2- If we have multiple registrations for the same weight, we hold a wrestle off in late September/ early October. No weights have been decided.  Feel free to register at any weight.

3- This is the teams first year, as such, I decided to go with a simplified shortened schedule for the Winter 2015-2016 season, 3 Duals and 1 individual tournament all being held in January.  Schedule is posted on the Facebook @MeskousingWrestling .  We can add to this in the spring and summer if this is of interest to the team members and families.    We can also increase the schedule for fall of 2016 and the Winter of 2016-2017 if there is interest in doing so.  

I encourage everyone to register to get the best team possible; however, we have yet to receive any registrations fro 70 lbs, 80lbs and 125 lbs,  so please spread the word.

Thank You

Chris

Facebook @MeskousingWrestling

babywhales

I have received all the weights for upcoming season schedule.  

The team is all but complete; nevertheless, I am in need of a 65 lber.

Any interested 65lb wrestlers 5th grade to 8th grade feel free to register on facebook at @MeskousingWrestling.