Devin Bahr

Started by wrastle63, July 18, 2016, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Devin committed to Wisconsin today! A great get for Buckg! When Devin is healthy he is easily one of the best wrestlers in the state. BEST OF LUCK DEVIN!

Harris

leg turk

Great pickup!!!  Congrats Devin, looking forward to watching you as a Badger!!!

lizard king

That is really nice to see WI getting a very strong WI wrestler, now I hope they can help him fulfill his dream.  Good luck.

jw52

Great commit for UW wrestling. Congrats to Devin and his LAW family!

mkm13

Great get for UW.  I think he has the potential to be a good big 10 wrestler if he stays healthy. 

Hopefully he will not outgrow 149 in college so we can have Bahr and both Wick's in the lineup at 149, 157, 165. 

stbird

Awesome!  Is he wrestling at Fargo? 

mkm13

It appears he is going to wrestle freestyle at 145.  Konrath will be wrestling at 126.  Zander Wick will be at 152 and Evan Wick will be at 160.

With Lawson, Konrath, and Bahr now committed, that is a good start to the class.  None of them are elite big 10 recruits, but I think all 3 have a chance to be good big 10 wrestlers.  At this point, all 3 are kind of hard to project as Lawson does not wrestle freestyle, Konrath was hurt and did not wrestle high school last year, and Bahr was also hurt.  Hope they can stay healthy and continue to improve.

Looking at the future roster, we need a good heavy recruit in this class.  If we have enough scholarship money to get a top end heavy along with the 3 already committed, that would be a good class that would help get the talent in the room where it needs to be.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Congratulations to Devin Bahr and the Wisconsin Badgers !!

W                        W     
  W        W         W
    W  W      W  W
      W            W
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrastle63

Agreed Mkm with our young lower and upper weights along with the upcoming additions of the Wicks and Bahr our middle weights should be ready to roll. As you said the 1 glaring weakness is HWT. We have Wetter and Stone but neither seems ready for a B1G level yet.

jw52

Quote from: wrastle63 on July 20, 2016, 11:02:31 AM
Agreed Mkm with our young lower and upper weights along with the upcoming additions of the Wicks and Bahr our middle weights should be ready to roll. As you said the 1 glaring weakness is HWT. We have Wetter and Stone but neither seems ready for a B1G level yet.

None of the young men you have mentioned are ready for a B1G level yet. I would think once the middle weights get to roll around with coach Ruschell, Zeke, Crone, Sharenbrock, etc. they will get there. Same with the heavys getting to roll with Medbury. Very few true freshman are B1G ready.

billymurphy

I honestly think Evan Wick is the most college ready recruit.
I think he does well in Fargo and wins his weight at the wrestle offs
at 157 lbs.  I only wonder if Barry redshirts him even though he wins
the wrestle offs. 

mkm13

I question if Wetter or Stone will ever be successful at the B1G level.  IMO we need a high level recruit in this class.  I hope I am wrong about Wetter or Stone though.

With Taylor being out now, I am not sure it is worth throwing Wick in right away as our teams potential is not great.  If Barry used Jordan right away as a freshman, we would not be able to enjoy watching him this year.

dad 2 5

Congrats to the UW and Devin!

billymurphy

Yes, best to redshirt all of the freshman. Without Taylor, the Badgers are
no longer certain to be in the top half of the Big Ten.  Losing Jordan and Medbery
are guys that will be very hard to replace.