J Rob

Started by Barou, May 27, 2016, 09:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

That police report paints a dark picture. I can't see J-Rob staying employed there after reading that. If he does, who's to say it wouldn't happen again? Good to see Becker and Eggum detached from all of this.

MNbadger

Quote from: littleguy301 on June 24, 2016, 10:45:29 PM
I hear that Jrob moved his camp to the U of RF.

Can someone say border battle lol
Certainly a bit ironic.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

TomM

Brandon Eggum Named Acting Head Coach For Gopher Wrestling

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/080116aaa.html

Aug. 1, 2016
The University of Minnesota today announced that Brandon Eggum has been named the acting head coach of the school's wrestling program. Eggum will assume this new position immediately.

"Given the University's internal investigation of Coach Robinson, it is important to have clear and continued leadership as the program prepares for the 2016-17 academic year," said Minnesota Director of Athletics Mark Coyle. "Coach Eggum is an effective leader and will ensure continued stability within the wrestling program."

Eggum joined Minnesota's coaching staff in 2001 immediately after finishing his wrestling career with the Gophers.

As a wrestler at Minnesota, Eggum was both a four-time letterwinner and a four-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree. He finished his final three seasons as an All-American and won two individual Big Ten titles. He ranks among the program's 20 best all-time in wins and winning percentage. On the international level, Eggum won silver medals at the 2001 World and 2002 Pan American Freestyle Championships.

As a coach, Eggum has been with the Minnesota staff for each of the program's three national titles, as well as five Big Ten team championships. Gopher wrestlers have won 27 individual conference crowns and 62 All-America medals with Eggum on staff. He has served as the program's head assistant coach for the past five seasons.

The University is conducting an ongoing internal investigation into Head Coach J Robinson and allegations made against him earlier this year. Robinson is currently on administrative leave.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

MNbadger

Actually, he did.  He reported it earier on and the administration were the ones who elected to wait until later to act (referring to your last sentence).
I was pretty disappointed about this and thought j was wrong but the more I read of the facts and so on, it looks like the admin messed up.  If they hadn't he would not hold the strong position he is holding now.  If he wasin the wrong as they claim, he would have ben gone lickety-split.

Quote from: npope on June 30, 2016, 05:19:07 PM
I'm sorry, but a one page essay as the penalty for a possible felony act? Puhleeeeeese. At its very best, that is just plain weak. Kids doing drugs and/or selling drugs needs to be handled at a level beyond the coaching staff - especially if that staff thinks having the kid write a one page "apology" is sufficient punishment.

While I understand that the DA doesn't find sufficient evidence to pursue the case, the commentary in the letter presented on this forum reveals that the kid was clearly culpable - he (as well as any number of others) were doing bad stuff and a one page essay isn't sufficient punishment. JRob should have simply turned the entire mess over to higher ups and stepped away.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Ivan Stankowski

He is getting hosed and will be the fall guy.

aarons23

He got let go today.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Jimmy

Imo the school and jrob are both victims of a group of kids. The kids used the drugs.the kids sold the drugs. The kids sat idley by while a great coach and program suffer. The kids get to go on with their careers and education. There is something wrong with this scenario .

hammen

Quote from: Jimmy on September 08, 2016, 01:32:45 PM
Imo the school and jrob are both victims of a group of kids. The kids used the drugs.the kids sold the drugs. The kids sat idley by while a great coach and program suffer. The kids get to go on with their careers and education. There is something wrong with this scenario .

The latter is ultimately what J Rob wanted, isn't it? Hopefully they learned a hard lesson, at the cost of J Rob and the program.

Jimmy

I don't know Drew, good ?.His actions say it was, but his interview on WCCO says he has nor never would protect someone from justice.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

Quote from: Jimmy on September 09, 2016, 09:02:18 PM
I don't know Drew, good ?.His actions say it was, but his interview on WCCO says he has nor never would protect someone from justice.

I guess nothing says "justice" like having to write a one page paper about the felony one has committed.

I don't think anyone has challenged the allegation that the wrestlers in question were using and illegally selling narcotics. While "justice" would seem to lie in the eyes of the beholder, a one page paper of contrition for committing a felony???? I guess JRob's expectations and standards as to what constitutes "justice" are a bit different than mine might be in that same situation.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

TLV

Quote from: npope on September 11, 2016, 04:47:21 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on September 09, 2016, 09:02:18 PM

I guess nothing says "justice" like having to write a one page paper about the felony one has committed.

I don't think anyone has challenged the allegation that the wrestlers in question were using and illegally selling narcotics. While "justice" would seem to lie in the eyes of the beholder, a one page paper of contrition for committing a felony???? I guess JRob's expectations and standards as to what constitutes "justice" are a bit different than mine might be in that same situation.

I agree with you.
And I"m getting a little peeved about how folks on the Minny board keep using the word "snitch" for the guy who blew the whistle on the illegal activities. It sound like "omertà" as used by the Mafia. The guy should be  praised for blowing the whistle.  I'm a believer in the Honor Code of the Cadets at the USMA:  Don't lie or cheat or steal, or tolerate anyone who does.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin