J Rob

Started by Barou, May 27, 2016, 09:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: imnofish on June 01, 2016, 09:10:24 AM
It is really getting old, seeing incidents tried in the court of (media-driven) public opinion.  Our nation has a legal system that is supposed to consider all relevant evidence, but reserve judgment until it has all been presented at trial.  These days, we are all-too-quick to disregard that process and the rights of the accused, unfortunately.  We love gossip too much.

If JRob had turned YOU into a newt, you'd big singin' a diffrint song!!

I got better.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BOURNE

Wasn't able to process the "newt" thing...

Handles II

It was a reference to judging before the evidence was examined, burning "witches". Ie "witches" were often burned to see if they actually were witches. If they died in the fire, they weren't a witch.
And of course it was a very funny Holy Grail quote.

bigG

Quote from: BOURNE on June 09, 2016, 10:12:08 AM
Wasn't able to process the "newt" thing...

Sorry. It was a reference to monty Python and the Holy Grail and the legal system of medieval England. I was hoping someone would pick up on that. We were just using that line a few months ago when talking favorite movies or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

I forget that some of you are (gulp) young.

BOURNE

;D  Appreciate the "young" thing!  Although I'm probably not as young as some on here as my youngest was a Badger Wrestler for five years and is now a productive citizen outside of Camp Randall.
Had to click on your youtube clip. Was never a huge Monty Python follower and I didn't remember the newt thing. Very funny. I'll be able to keep up next time.  :-)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on June 06, 2016, 09:17:22 AM
Quote from: imnofish on June 01, 2016, 09:10:24 AM
It is really getting old, seeing incidents tried in the court of (media-driven) public opinion.  Our nation has a legal system that is supposed to consider all relevant evidence, but reserve judgment until it has all been presented at trial.  These days, we are all-too-quick to disregard that process and the rights of the accused, unfortunately.  We love gossip too much.

If JRob had turned YOU into a newt, you'd big singin' a diffrint song!!

I got better.

Yes, but does he weigh the same as a duck?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

A WIIIITCH!!!!

(That's justice)

JRob has coached since forever. I can't think of a time when he came up dirty.

littleguy301

I hear that Jrob moved his camp to the U of RF.

Can someone say border battle lol
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ckwrestler

Quote from: hammen on June 30, 2016, 08:01:51 AM
Wrestler essay: http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/UMat+wrestler%27s+essay.pdf

Was the blackout supposed to make it anonymous?  The writer states the names of competition @ his weight. 

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: ckwrestler on June 30, 2016, 09:30:33 AM
Quote from: hammen on June 30, 2016, 08:01:51 AM
Wrestler essay: http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/UMat+wrestler%27s+essay.pdf

Was the blackout supposed to make it anonymous?  The writer states the names of competition @ his weight. 

Yes that sure narrows it down doesn't it

hammen

And sounds like an upperclassman - think that only leaves one person on the roster at that weight.

npope

I'm sorry, but a one page essay as the penalty for a possible felony act? Puhleeeeeese. At its very best, that is just plain weak. Kids doing drugs and/or selling drugs needs to be handled at a level beyond the coaching staff - especially if that staff thinks having the kid write a one page "apology" is sufficient punishment.

While I understand that the DA doesn't find sufficient evidence to pursue the case, the commentary in the letter presented on this forum reveals that the kid was clearly culpable - he (as well as any number of others) were doing bad stuff and a one page essay isn't sufficient punishment. JRob should have simply turned the entire mess over to higher ups and stepped away.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope