J Rob

Started by Barou, May 27, 2016, 09:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Quite a different side of the story.  If this is true, he survives.  Pending he didn't know about the dealing.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

imnofish

If this proves to be accurate, some media pukes owe J. Rob a public apology...   or maybe they'd rather be sued.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

hammen

But what about these texts that he sent to the team about bringing the pills to him, and the subsequent handling of those pills?

ElectricGuy

Quote from: hammen on May 31, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
But what about these texts that he sent to the team about bringing the pills to him, and the subsequent handling of those pills?

Can't assume he knew about dealing from text,  could of meant to be a text to users asking thank to "self report" like what school offered as an out.

As for subsequent handling of pills,  this release seams to put those facts into question.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

hammen

I put more weight toward the other sources (of which include prominent sports media) versus his lawyer at this time. It'll be interesting to see this unravel. Hope there is no wrong-doing by J-Rob and that he comes out unscathed. It's just difficult to see that happening at this point. This athletic department is a mess.

imnofish

It is really getting old, seeing incidents tried in the court of (media-driven) public opinion.  Our nation has a legal system that is supposed to consider all relevant evidence, but reserve judgment until it has all been presented at trial.  These days, we are all-too-quick to disregard that process and the rights of the accused, unfortunately.  We love gossip too much.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

hammen

It will be interesting to see how/when the details unfold. The statement released by the lawyer doesn't discuss anything regarding the mass amounts of pills or the dealers, which is the big issue here - not the use.

MarkK

Even when people make poor decisions the process of clearly understanding the facts and making a proper judgement takes time.  I agree the court of public opinion and the present lynch mob mentality has to give way to our system of justice.   I would hope that we would all be afforded the guarantees of the bill of rights.  Obviously something went extremely wrong here.   Sometimes there are unintended consequences for actions that at first seem to be in the best interest of everyone involved.  Sometimes those actions are not in their best interest andthe best interest of society.  In spite of our opinions, I hope real justice is found.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Jimmy

Not to argue drew but isn't the possession and use of a controlled substance without a prescription illegal? And in fact a big deal?

BOURNE

Quote from: thedecider on June 01, 2016, 09:58:37 AM
How did UW handle it when one of their wrestlers was using prescription drugs?

only one I know of had to sit out a semester.

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Jimmy on June 01, 2016, 01:13:27 PM
Not to argue drew but isn't the possession and use of a controlled substance without a prescription illegal? And in fact a big deal?
not compared to 1400 or 2800 pills which would be a felony distribution, not making light of illegal use by any means but I'm sure there are 10,000's offenders in the NCAA between drinking before 21 or smoking pot.

hammen

Right - the bigger issue is with respect to the illegal dealing of drugs. Felony and potential jail time. Not saying the use of unprescribed drugs isn't a big deal, it's just not nearly as big as dealing.

ramjet

Class 4 drug that said the investigation has to be completed before any conclusions can be drawn.