Started by wrastle63, May 17, 2016, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I forgot who it was that said that about JT. Seems to have the reverse Midas effect.

Hopefully that same person didn't predict an Olympic gold.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

Quote from: bigG on May 19, 2016, 07:01:23 AM
I forgot who it was that said that about JT. Seems to have the reverse Midas effect.

Hopefully that same person didn't predict an Olympic gold.

It was our good friend Rocky that said JT would be a 4-timer. Come back Rock.

lizard king

If JT went to PSU maybe he would have been?

bigG

Woulda been a 5-timer at PSU.

dman

Quote from: npope on May 18, 2016, 05:00:38 PM
Every time someone comes on here and predicts a kid will be a four-time NCAA champ before the kid has even won one collegiate match, the poster will argue until blue in the face that this time it's different; this time the kid can't miss...until he does...and then the crickets chirp. We got the same stuff with JT (seems pretty silly in hind sight, doesn't it?). Folks just need to relax and let it happen.

Why are you so concerned with what other people predict...how about you make your prediction, or don't say anything?!  Sheesh!

npope

Quote from: dman on May 19, 2016, 08:14:14 AM
Every time someone comes on here and predicts a kid will be a four-time NCAA champ before the kid has even won one collegiate match, the poster will argue until blue in the face that this time it's different; this time the kid can't miss...until he does...and then the crickets chirp. We got the same stuff with JT (seems pretty silly in hind sight, doesn't it?). Folks just need to relax and let it happen.

Why are you so concerned with what other people predict...how about you make your prediction, or don't say anything?!  Sheesh!

Oh, please, dman. Do yourself a favor and grow up.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: futurerichguy on May 19, 2016, 09:04:06 AM
If he doesn't win 4, then I eat crow and life goes on.  If he does win 4, I'm a genius and a wiwrestling forum legend.  I can't lose.

DO you like it raw or well done, I will start preparing for you

ckwrestler

the predictions are fun, keep doing it.  I bet plenty on this forum predicted that David Taylor would be a 4x NCAA finalist...and they were right!

Ghetto

I think Hall is going to redshirt this year. IMar going up, though Hall is competitive (I think he's beaten IMar in freestyle) may help his decision.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Quote from: ckwrestler on May 19, 2016, 10:14:22 AM
the predictions are fun, keep doing it.  I bet plenty on this forum predicted that David Taylor would be a 4x NCAA finalist...and they were right!

I predicted that and the Dake win. Okay, maybe I'm just having deja vu; but I still feel like I really did it; and that's the truth pthpthpth!

billymurphy

I predicted Dieringer would win four titles,
but was wrong on that.  Iowa kid beats him
in double overtime otherwise he does it.

Hall redshirts this year. 
Hall has the best teammates in the
country with the best coach.
Yes, he has a shot at four.
Making varsity on his own team
might be as hard as winning the NCAA tournament.

hammen

I predict your "enter" button is stuck.

Handles II

Quote from: bigG on May 19, 2016, 01:09:28 PM
Quote from: ckwrestler on May 19, 2016, 10:14:22 AM

I predicted that and the Dake win. Okay, maybe I'm just having deja vu; but I still feel like I really did it; and that's the truth pthpthpth!
Nice Lilly Tomlin reference! For some odd reason I said that exact same thing to my wife on Sunday night. Dang I'm old.

oldfan

Alex D lost because Iowa had 2 seconds more riding time . That bites.

I'm one of maybe 5 people that saw all 4 of Mark Halls defeats . Plenty of  his victories, his dad would walk across a crowded room to shake hands with me , when Sanderson  turns up the aggression in him it will be scary .

GradeTough

I agree that Hall's aggressiveness needs to pick up a level to be dominate in college. He has the skills and experience to do well, that is for sure. Yeah, once he really becomes nasty, mean like Retherford he will do damage. That PSU team is scary across the board. Appears they may have a hold on the Big Ten for years to come.