Started by wrastle63, May 17, 2016, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Looks like Jordan will have to unseat a defending champ in IMar. Along with whoever PSU throws into the mix this weight class turned into a meatgrinder.

Ghetto

165 will be really good. No matter who Penn State throws out there, most of AAs will be from the Big Ten IMO.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ChargerDad

Surprising nobody, IMar moving up after Dierenger is done..

gwmiller44

Surprising Dieringer moves up after Taylor & Dake?
Really? Think, Wow!

Barou

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 17, 2016, 05:16:40 PM
Looks like Jordan will have to unseat a defending champ in IMar. Along with whoever PSU throws into the mix this weight class turned into a meatgrinder.

Massa from Michigan is another tough one.  I think Jordan's title hopes are better than last year but his road to the finals will be tougher.
JHI Mafia

bigG

Gotta agree with that action. If he makes the finals, he has a very realistic shot; whereas, this year, AD seemed an insurmountable foe. Well, not "seemed"....WAS.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ivan Stankowski

Is Mark hall the next "Can't Miss' 4x undefeated national Champ ???

Barou

Quote from: futurerichguy on May 18, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
I'm assuming Mark Hall will be red-shirting.  Hall would make the 165 lb weight class way deeper if he decides to forgo his red-shirt.  I'm interested to see what Bo Jordan does next year as well.  My assumption is if Bo moves to 174 lbs, then Myles Martin moves up to 184, or takes a red-shirt.

If Hall wrestles 165 and doesn't redshirt, he is the favorite IMO.
JHI Mafia

vsmf2010

I like Zeke's chances against anyone left with eligibility that will be at his weight.

bigG

You can expect 165 to be stacked always; unless you have an AD type monster.

I like Zeke's chances. Heck, I like Zeke.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

GradeTough

Mark Hall is a great high school wrestler, no question about it. But a "Can't Miss" in college we don't know. Especially from the standpoint of predicting how many National Championships he will win. If this forum has proven anything it is that predictions are meaningless. Only results count. We'll see how well he does over his college career but assuming or predicting his success at the college level is a recipe for disaster.

Barou

Quote from: GradeTough on May 18, 2016, 12:32:11 PM
Mark Hall is a great high school wrestler, no question about it. But a "Can't Miss" in college we don't know. Especially from the standpoint of predicting how many National Championships he will win. If this forum has proven anything it is that predictions are meaningless. Only results count. We'll see how well he does over his college career but assuming or predicting his success at the college level is a recipe for disaster.

Settle down Francis.  We're fans on a wrestling forum making predictions is pretty much why we're here.  If Mark Hall doesn't meet his expectations it won't be because of the "recipe of disaster" predictions on the WI Wrestling forum.

Obviously nobody is a "can't miss".  Hall has built a resume where he is the closest thing to a "LeBron James" type of recruit in the wrestling world, IMO.  At the least, comparable to the hype of Cary Kolat coming out of HS....again IMO.
JHI Mafia

oldfan

What makes Mark Hall though is who he already beaten . Most of the contenders including iMar are on that list > Granted some were 4 years ago and some were freestyle but he is the real deal. He will be tough .

I would still take Zeke at 165 this years because he has really fine tuned his offense , his attempt to takedown ratio has to be the highest in the country, he looks like he has stupid strong hands.

GradeTough

npope

Every time someone comes on here and predicts a kid will be a four-time NCAA champ before the kid has even won one collegiate match, the poster will argue until blue in the face that this time it's different; this time the kid can't miss...until he does...and then the crickets chirp. We got the same stuff with JT (seems pretty silly in hind sight, doesn't it?). Folks just need to relax and let it happen.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope