not to Shabby Littleguy....Ghetto might agree...

Started by maggie, March 20, 2016, 12:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Would Happ been enough to get the Badgers over the hump last year? I always heard he was doing exceptional in practice, would have been dynamic with the three of them up front.

imnofish

Woulda, shoulda, coulda...    ???     I think the Badgers have the potential to have their best team, yet, next year.  Last year, they had the talent to win it all without him and it was smart to let him grow up a bit.  Pretty hard to accurately assess where he was, by looking where he currently is.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

Quote from: bigoil on March 22, 2016, 07:05:00 PM
Would Happ been enough to get the Badgers over the hump last year? I always heard he was doing exceptional in practice, would have been dynamic with the three of them up front.

I didn't realize there was a hump. i thought they had a great season last year. They lost in a title game that went down to the wire to a Duke team loaded with NBA players.

maggie

i see today, Wis was rated the 15th best team left...LOL...No Love...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

Quote from: maggie on March 23, 2016, 10:49:06 AM
i see today, Wis was rated the 15th best team left...LOL...No Love...

Low expectations can be the greatest motivator.  One of my former wrestlers was told that he wasn't smart enough to go to college, or athletic enough to be a good wrestler.  He went DIII, graduated with honors, was an All American and an Academic All American.  He told me that all the naysayers (including his own father) motivated him to prove them wrong.  He certainly did that!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

Quote from: maggie on March 23, 2016, 01:54:54 PM
we beat the Irish... ;)

I hope you are right.  If you are, I will drink a shamrock shake to celebrate. 

bigG

I get one (Sham shake) every year.

Arby's Jamocha, twice a year. :)

I be shakin'.

Down with the Irish. (At least, the Notre Dame ones.) French name, fightin' Irish....obvious identity crisis. No ID issues with WI. Just Wisconsin.

"I yam what I yam"-Popeye

Badgers by 1 (free throws matter).

Took a great nap after school. So, I'm posting a little early.  :)Mornin'!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on March 21, 2016, 12:36:44 PM
I'll take the 75 and under LG. The pitching may come through enough to get over 75, and I'll be happy to lose that bet.

I'll agree that it was a brilliant basketball play to call the time out at the end. I think Nigel Hayes has a future in the NBA somewhere, or possibly in Europe.

I saw on Twitter that Wisconsin has made the sweet 16 in 5 of the last 6 years. Only team in the NCAA to do so. Pretty amazing.

did we ever settle up this one?

who cares at this point, same place same time at state this year for ice cream! to make it easy I will buy that ice cream, well worth it to have the confo we have every year over ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

BigG,,,,,your in if your there!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

My turn to buy brother. Way off on the Brewers again. Glad to be wrong once again.

I look forward to seeing you every year LG.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 12, 2018, 11:56:39 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 21, 2016, 12:36:44 PM
I'll take the 75 and under LG. The pitching may come through enough to get over 75, and I'll be happy to lose that bet.

I'll agree that it was a brilliant basketball play to call the time out at the end. I think Nigel Hayes has a future in the NBA somewhere, or possibly in Europe.

I saw on Twitter that Wisconsin has made the sweet 16 in 5 of the last 6 years. Only team in the NCAA to do so. Pretty amazing.

did we ever settle up this one?

who cares at this point, same place same time at state this year for ice cream! to make it easy I will buy that ice cream, well worth it to have the confo we have every year over ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

BigG,,,,,your in if your there!

I'll be in alright. In jail.  :( Might sneak on Track to keep up, though. Important to keep that internet connection hot.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: Houndhead on March 22, 2016, 10:39:14 AM
If everyone comes back, this will be a very talented team next season. Guys like Iverson, Thomas, and Illikanen could make huge improvements. You see the flashes of talent now. pretty much the same team back with more experience.

When Houndhead said this, we all believed and hoped he would be right.  As it turns out, these 3 and their lack of development; an injury or two, are the reason they have become painful to watch...