AD - Jordan predictions

Started by Micah, March 19, 2016, 05:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 21, 2016, 03:57:54 PM
And I would bet Zane would be OK with that.  It was nice to see him give away his head gear after the championship match.

Zane, Alex and Imar gave away their head gear. ...maybe more but what great gesture by those guys.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

TomM

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 21, 2016, 01:53:50 PM
The Hodge Trophy has 7 criteria:

1. Record
2. Number of pins
3. Dominance
4. Past Credentials
5. Quality of Competition
6. Sportsmanship/Citizenship
7. Heart

Hi!
Where did you find these criteria? I don't see them anyplace with a simple search.
If number 4 is in fact 'Past Credentials' it may be a consideration that Zane was 5th as a freshman and Alex was 3rd as a frosh followed up with three championships. Zane defeated a guy in the finals (Sorenson) who had a defeat. Alex defeated undefeated Isaac Jordan. I believe Isaac Jordan is a tougher finals opponent than Sorenson.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Not to get excusey; but AD has had many people move out of his weight the past two years. So, the competition thing is compromised when you have a brutal guy like that.

I'm not going to get teary-eyed; but I think a guy like Zane can attract people to knock him off; where it's been obvious people avoid Alex as his past dictates a guy who is next-to-unstoppable at the NCAA level.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"