AD - Jordan predictions

Started by Micah, March 19, 2016, 05:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

This is exactly why one should not make emotional picks.....AD is a beast.

onwisconsin

Zeke never quit.  AD just too good.   Great season Zeke!!

onwisconsin

Agree,  Can't wait for next year!!

Micah

IJ wrestled well and went for it when had the chance.  Dieringer is so solid in all positions.  I don't remember the last time I saw him get taken down, his SO year maybe?  Guys can't get past his hands.

MNbadger

Dieringer looked huge at 165!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

billymurphy

Dieringer was on a whole different level.
I think Alex wins the Hodge.

GradeTough

Retherford (Penn State) wins the Hodge. No question about it. The most dominant wrestler pound-for-pound in the country. His statistics back him up.

Micah

It's going to go to AD I think though, while I agree awards like this should be yearly they tend to look at body of work.  Especially if it is close. 

Ghetto

I agree that Retherford was crazy good this year. It also is a one year award, not a career thing. However, a 3xer who only lost once in the NCAAs has to get that Hodge this year.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

aarons23

Pretty sure I read that one qualification is to be undefeated.....Zane is not undefeated.  I also think it said something about career accomplishements which three time NCAA champion would trump anything that Zane has done.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

hammen

Quote from: aarons23 on March 21, 2016, 01:47:08 PM
Pretty sure I read that one qualification is to be undefeated.....Zane is not undefeated.  I also think it said something about career accomplishements which three time NCAA champion would trump anything that Zane has done.

Zane ended the season 34-0 with bonus points in all NCAA tournament matches; full season was 15 falls, 8 techs, 7 majors. That's bonus points in 88.2% of matches. Stats according to trackwrestling and flowrestling for tournament and season, respectively.

Alex ended the season 33-0 with bonus points in 3 of 5 NCAA tournament matches; full season was 12 falls, 7 techs, 8 majors. That's bonus points in 81.8% of matches. Stats according to trackwrestling and flowrestling for tournament and season, respectively.

aarons23

Quote from: hammen on March 21, 2016, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on March 21, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Zane ended the season 34-0 with bonus points in all NCAA tournament matches; full season was 15 falls, 8 techs, 7 majors. That's bonus points in 88.2% of matches. Stats according to trackwrestling and flowrestling for tournament and season, respectively.

Alex ended the season 33-0 with bonus points in 3 of 5 NCAA tournament matches; full season was 12 falls, 7 techs, 8 majors. That's bonus points in 81.8% of matches. Stats according to trackwrestling and flowrestling for tournament and season, respectively.

You are correct...I thought Zane had 1 loss.....the three titles still trumps Zane.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Micah

Either guy is deserving I would lean toward the Sr but if Zane won the Hodge I would have no issues.

hammen

It's going to be close. Retherford has #2 and #3 of the criteria. They tie for #1. Alex has #4. Quality of competition is something that might go to Retherford. Pretty sure according to flo that he beat more ranked wrestlers this year, and Alex had only 2 wins against a returning AA's (Wilson of Stanford and Zeke), which is certainly out of his control. Retherford had a slightly tougher field w/ wins over Tsirtsis (2x returning AA), Sorensen (returning AA) and Evan Hendersen (2x returning AA). I would give the nod to Alex for #6 and #7, but no doubt there's an argument for Retherford there. That would have it as a tie in terms of the 7 criteria. It's going to be a close one - hope Alex gets it.

Barou

Quote from: hammen on March 21, 2016, 02:15:44 PM
It's going to be close. Retherford has #2 and #3 of the criteria. They tie for #1. Alex has #4. Quality of competition is something that might go to Retherford. Pretty sure according to flo that he beat more ranked wrestlers this year, and Alex had only 2 wins against a returning AA's (Wilson of Stanford and Zeke), which is certainly out of his control. Retherford had a slightly tougher field w/ wins over Tsirtsis (2x returning AA), Sorensen (returning AA) and Evan Hendersen (2x returning AA). I would give the nod to Alex for #6 and #7, but no doubt there's an argument for Retherford there. That would have it as a tie in terms of the 7 criteria. It's going to be a close one - hope Alex gets it.

Perfect analysis!  I think Alex gets it because of the senior/sophomore scenario.
JHI Mafia