NCAA FRIDAY Discussion New York 2016

Started by TomM, March 17, 2016, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Stankowski

I think IJ would win 100 out of 100 times. Bo Jo just to flat footed for IJ.

mkm13

With Taylors health, I am not sure how you can be critical of Barry for him losing.  I don't think Barry has any control over Taylors hip issue.

Good to see Isaac beat Bo again.  Extremely tough to beat a guy that good over and over again.

Will be fun to watch Alex and Isaac.  

Musky Hunter

What a great year for Zeke.  Hope he can shock the world on Saturday. 

jaguarwrestler

if the Jordan boys never wrestle again I am fine with it. Almost sad to see someone have to take away the dreams of a close family member

congrats to IJ, can't wait to see how he does tomorrow.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

vsmf2010

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 18, 2016, 08:47:45 PM
if the Jordan boys never wrestle again I am fine with it. Almost sad to see someone have to take away the dreams of a close family member

100% agree. Not anywhere near as much joy as there should be when you have to beat family. I am hoping they end up at different weights next year.

DocWrestling

Taylor is always going to have problems with his hips because he has one of the oddest wrestling stances I have seen.  He has a flat back parallel to the mat 90% of the time he is on his feet. 
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Musky Hunter

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2016, 10:56:15 PM
Taylor is always going to have problems with his hips because he has one of the oddest wrestling stances I have seen.  He has a flat back parallel to the mat 90% of the time he is on his feet. 

Feel bad for him.  Such a great athlete but just can't stay healthy.  One of the best young men I have ever met.  All the best to him coming back stronger.

npope

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 18, 2016, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 18, 2016, 08:47:45 PM

100% agree. Not anywhere near as much joy as there should be when you have to beat family. I am hoping they end up at different weights next year.

I concur with these sentiments. That said, BJ started the season at 174 and would have had a nice line to the finals (and maybe championship) at that weight. But his coach (Ryan) felt that having BJ drop and getting a freshman in the lineup for tOSU at 174 would be better for their team (which it has in terms of points in the NCAA meet). So, Ryan and BJ's family had less concern over matching up the cousins than we do, evidently. Maybe behind the scenes they all take it for a grain of salt - competition is competition and perhaps they leave it there. Maybe a healthier attitude than most of us have.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Micah

After Friday looking at team scores and wrestlers left I think they will finish 21st, maybe 20th.  Unless IJ pulls of the upset tonight.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Musky Hunter on March 19, 2016, 03:34:24 AM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2016, 10:56:15 PM

Feel bad for him.  Such a great athlete but just can't stay healthy.  One of the best young men I have ever met.  All the best to him coming back stronger.

+1

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 18, 2016, 08:44:09 PM
Finals for issac!!!!

What a great year for Zeke! Now finish it with one more win!

Ghetto

I want to complain that Taylor was hurt. When right he's tough as heck. Whyyyyyyy? Why can't he get healthy?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jaguarwrestler

Did everyone think tOSU was pinned at 125? I think he screwed up when trying to scramble and it cost him but didn't seem like a pin.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Grapl